Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due May 2013!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

I really should be writing this on the moan thread.... But eugh!!! I'm so uncomfortable!!! Feel so much pressure - feel so heavy , everything hurts! I just have enough!!!!! I sked the doc the other day if there was any chance at all I looked like I might to early..... I think he was just laughing at me :( how the hell do I still have 5&1/2 weeks left!!!

On other hand... Still have not finished hosp bags...! That's def a job for this week!!!
    My 13 month old keeps repeating 'baby baby baby' which is adorable - clearly due to her age I haven't really discussed at all about the baby with her yet - will broach the subject a week or 2 before due so that she has a hope of understanding! But she must have just picked it up from us chatting etc!! So I just tell her she's mamas big baby and show her a doll of a little baby - I think she just likes the word!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Mamabear29

dublinlady wrote: »
    I really should be writing this on the moan thread.... But eugh!!! I'm so uncomfortable!!! Feel so much pressure - feel so heavy , everything hurts! I just have enough!!!!! I sked the doc the other day if there was any chance at all I looked like I might to early..... I think he was just laughing at me :( how the hell do I still have 5&1/2 weeks left!!!

On other hand... Still have not finished hosp bags...! That's def a job for this week!!!
    My 13 month old keeps repeating 'baby baby baby' which is adorable - clearly due to her age I haven't really discussed at all about the baby with her yet - will broach the subject a week or 2 before due so that she has a hope of understanding! But she must have just picked it up from us chatting etc!! So I just tell her she's mamas big baby and show her a doll of a little baby - I think she just likes the word!!

Aw you poor thing!! I know how you feel though. Im like a beached whale at this stage and even turning in the bed has become a chore?!! Im resembling a turtle caught on its back!!! OH is getting a great laugh out of me!! I cant even go for a walk these days without needing to pee by the time I get to the gate!!

How are you feeling about having the 2?? Is your lo sleeping throughout the night?? Our lo is still hit and miss at night time!!

Mamabear29 wrote: »

Aw you poor thing!! I know how you feel though. Im like a beached whale at this stage and even turning in the bed has become a chore?!! Im resembling a turtle caught on its back!!! OH is getting a great laugh out of me!! I cant even go for a walk these days without needing to pee by the time I get to the gate!!

How are you feeling about having the 2?? Is your lo sleeping throughout the night?? Our lo is still hit and miss at night time!!

Turtle on back is such a good description!!!!
    I'm the same with the toilet - it's very frustrating! And half the time when I do go I feel like I can't empty my bladder!

Excited but nervous about number 2! Number 1 is going thru a v good phase which is helping tho! She didn't sleep really well at night until about 11 months - but now will go 8 til 6.30 9/10 nights which is so so good!! Your little one is little two isn't she? 15 months? Sorry trying to remember without going out of this post! When they don't sleep it's awful difficult :(
    Little one has a cold today but in god form - just full of snots !! Haha!! Lovely!!

Feeling little nervous about the birth - still hoping for natural labour - totally psyched out by not knowing when the baby will arrive tho!! Last time was so clear cut as had a date! Pros & cons of section for sure!!

Someone mentioned here about being frightened to pack hosp bag - haha - that's me at the mo - just can't bring myself to put the last bits in!!!

Hiw strange - hope ur not getting any more spotting and ur feeling well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

DL I had to laugh (in the nicest possible way) at your moan about the pressure. Its a case of be careful what you wish for eh! Once that head goes down the pressure can be terrible.

No more spotting thankfully. I haven't a clue what it was all about but it seemed a trip to the hospital scared the baby into behaving itself! It must've heard all the mums who were in there for weeks that did it. My gp signed me off work yesterday too so now I can just rest up and wait impatiently!

My husband is delighted because he'll be getting nice dinners served up every evening.....until the baby comes!

DL I had to laugh (in the nicest possible way) at your moan about the pressure. Its a case of be careful what you wish for eh! Once that head goes down the pressure can be terrible.

No more spotting thankfully. I haven't a clue what it was all about but it seemed a trip to the hospital scared the baby into behaving itself! It must've heard all the mums who were in there for weeks that did it. My gp signed me off work yesterday too so now I can just rest up and wait impatiently!

My husband is delighted because he'll be getting nice dinners served up every evening.....until the baby comes!

Oh totally - it's not like by not wanting a section I want to go thru labour either!!!! It's just the lesser of 2 evils for me!! Either way is painful!! Although my daughter didn't turn breech til almost 37 weeks so I had a head down pregnancy til then and the pressure was nothing like this :( the doc said its just Cos of the weakened abdominals after the last section... I'm not doing a great job if holding the baby up!!

That's great there's no more spotting - just have been quite frightening :( I have to say ur nicer than me tho.... I've reduced to part time hrs now & the days I'm off its still crap dinners!!! I'm not great in the kitchen!!

Only 2 weeks left of work now officially which is great / cos I'm self empIoyed I can't fully escape - but for the most part ill be free to sit on my gym ball, drink raspberry leaf tea & eat hot curries ;)

• Advertisement

Had appt today - all well so that's great! Babies head down and he says its not engaged but on the rim so shouldn't move from now on! Not back for 2 weeks so hopefully it'll still be the sane then - ill be 38 weeks at that stage!

Totally exhausted now - but just happy all is well!
    It's getting properly close now! Gonna try my best to enjoy these last few weeks!

Thats brill Dublinlady!! Hopefully things will remain the same for you. Im booked in for my section on Friday!!! Eeek!!! However........ Its 4:30am and I have been getting (fingers crossed) "braxton hicks" on and off since 2am!! Not regular enough to be concerned to call the hosp but oh my god are they painful!! :-(

Thats brill Dublinlady!! Hopefully things will remain the same for you. Im booked in for my section on Friday!!! Eeek!!! However........ Its 4:30am and I have been getting (fingers crossed) "braxton hicks" on and off since 2am!! Not regular enough to be concerned to call the hosp but oh my god are they painful!! :-(

Wow mamabear!!!! Keep us updated!! Sounds super exciting! Lovely you'll get to meet them soon regardless!! X

Wow mamabear!!!! Keep us updated!! Sounds super exciting! Lovely you'll get to meet them soon regardless!! X

Yep they were BH!!! Thank god!! They eased off about 7ish this morning!! OH got up with our lg so i got to lie on until 11!!! Heaven!! I just need to get to friday now with no hick ups!!! I wonder if i stand on my head for the next 3 days would that work!!??? Haha!!
    Taking it very easy from now on!! My house cant get any cleaner!! From next week i wont care!! Ha!!

How have you been feeling??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

Hope everyone's doing well. I'm at 34 weeks now and beginning to get really tired and emotional.everything takes twice as much effort as it normally would. But I'm nearly there!

• Advertisement

Yep they were BH!!! Thank god!! They eased off about 7ish this morning!! OH got up with our lg so i got to lie on until 11!!! Heaven!! I just need to get to friday now with no hick ups!!! I wonder if i stand on my head for the next 3 days would that work!!??? Haha!!
    Taking it very easy from now on!! My house cant get any cleaner!! From next week i wont care!! Ha!!

How have you been feeling??

Phew for u!!!! The irony - your trying to avoid labour and I'm hoping its not too far away!! Hopefully you'll have no mo drama til Friday when u get to meet your little one!! How many weeks will ya be? Pls do come to my house to clean if u have strong nesting urges... Mine just don't seem to be kicking in at all this time!!! Hope ur daughter looking forward to the new arrival!!

Nextsteps- I hear ya about the emotional stuff!! I'm a wreck!! And I'm fed up too which makes me just a treat to be around....!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Oh i'm so fed up too DL. 38+1 and i'm such a moan! Everything hurts :(:(

Back with the consultant tomorrow morning...

Nead21 wrote: »
    Oh i'm so fed up too DL. 38+1 and i'm such a moan! Everything hurts :(:(

Back with the consultant tomorrow morning...

Oh ur a week & 3 days ahead :) u might get good news like the baby engaging!!
    These last few weeks are so hard.... I only had to do til 39 last time - going over will kill me!!!
    Good luck Tom!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Yep baby's engaged already...could definitely feel the difference pressure wise.
    Hopefully this baby makes an appearance in april because if i go overdue into may i'm going to be like a wounded bear!!

Aw the emotions that you go through are just unreal!! OH says its like living with jekel and hyde. One minute I am in great form and the next Im snapping and bursting into tears for no reason!! Havent been too bad the last few weeks, but at the same time Im not great!!

BH back again tonight!! Although now its more like constant period cramp that is spreading under my belly, around into my back and down into my legs. Im also in and out of the loo like a yoyo!! Going to give my MW a buzz in the morning and see if I can get an apt with the doc. Im defo starting to think this is the early onset of labour!!

DL i am 37 weeks tomorrow. And dven though I will be classed as "full term" he is still going to give me the steroid injections for babies lungs. Due to get first dose on thurs morning!! Dunno if thats going to stay the plan though!! :-( my lg was born at 36+4 so ive done well to get this far!!

My lg is very tuned in this week that something is different. Im just so tired and sluggish during the day from disturbed sleeps that she is glued to her daddy. I got a 10 minute cuddle tonight before she went to bed!! Usually she is glued to me for hours!! I feel awful guilty. :-(

Aw the emotions that you go through are just unreal!! OH says its like living with jekel and hyde. One minute I am in great form and the next Im snapping and bursting into tears for no reason!! Havent been too bad the last few weeks, but at the same time Im not great!!

BH back again tonight!! Although now its more like constant period cramp that is spreading under my belly, around into my back and down into my legs. Im also in and out of the loo like a yoyo!! Going to give my MW a buzz in the morning and see if I can get an apt with the doc. Im defo starting to think this is the early onset of labour!!

DL i am 37 weeks tomorrow. And dven though I will be classed as "full term" he is still going to give me the steroid injections for babies lungs. Due to get first dose on thurs morning!! Dunno if thats going to stay the plan though!! :-( my lg was born at 36+4 so ive done well to get this far!!

My lg is very tuned in this week that something is different. Im just so tired and sluggish during the day from disturbed sleeps that she is glued to her daddy. I got a 10 minute cuddle tonight before she went to bed!! Usually she is glued to me for hours!! I feel awful guilty. :-(

It's great to have gotten to 37 weeks then! Every day will be a bonus from here on in one way! I hear ya about the guilt - it's so upsetting to think of te impact this arrival will have on my little one - but we have to remember it happens all the time , kids are so adaptable and soon enough they'll know we've plenty love to go around - even if we don't ave the energy to show it right now!!!

I spoke to soon about the braxton hicks... Was awake from 4 this morn with mild period type pains - couldn't get comfortable at all . They re mild ad irregular - in fact hard to tell when one ends and another begins so I know it's not the real thing!! Just hope I don't have to put up with this for anther 4-5 weeks!! Either fe&k off or bring a baby! And if I'm being fussy I'd rather the baby waited a few more days -?maybe next wed!! Hope she's listening!! Hehe!
    Hope u got some sleep mamabear and hope the doctors goes well!

It's great to have gotten to 37 weeks then! Every day will be a bonus from here on in one way! I hear ya about the guilt - it's so upsetting to think of te impact this arrival will have on my little one - but we have to remember it happens all the time , kids are so adaptable and soon enough they'll know we've plenty love to go around - even if we don't ave the energy to show it right now!!!

I spoke to soon about the braxton hicks... Was awake from 4 this morn with mild period type pains - couldn't get comfortable at all . They re mild ad irregular - in fact hard to tell when one ends and another begins so I know it's not the real thing!! Just hope I don't have to put up with this for anther 4-5 weeks!! Either fe&k off or bring a baby! And if I'm being fussy I'd rather the baby waited a few more days -?maybe next wed!! Hope she's listening!! Hehe!
    Hope u got some sleep mamabear and hope the doctors goes well!

Hi. Hope the pains you were getting have sunsided!!
    Well, baby boy born last friday morning!! Hes 4 days old now and perfect!! Cant believe he is here!! Section was great. Ive relatively no pain!! So different from last time! I did the whole breast feeding thingy until 3am this morning!! Hes on his second bottle since then!! The exhaustion just got way too much. Im so delighted i did the first few days though!!

Hope everyone is keeping well and minding those bumps. Wont be long until we all are holding our lil bundles xx

Hi. Hope the pains you were getting have sunsided!!
    Well, baby boy born last friday morning!! Hes 4 days old now and perfect!! Cant believe he is here!! Section was great. Ive relatively no pain!! So different from last time! I did the whole breast feeding thingy until 3am this morning!! Hes on his second bottle since then!! The exhaustion just got way too much. Im so delighted i did the first few days though!!

Hope everyone is keeping well and minding those bumps. Wont be long until we all are holding our lil bundles xx

Huge congrats!!!!!!! That's brilliant news!!!
    Our first 'may' baby :) glad you both doing so well!!
    Glad the section went well! So glad to hear the pain is much better this time! Hope ur little girls taking well to her little brother :)

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

Congratulations Mamabear!!! Great news, you must be so delighted!! Glad the section is healing well for you. Wow the first May baby!!

How is everyone else doing? I feel like a pregnant whale.. Everything is such an effort:eek:!! I was really hoping to maybe go a week or so early but have just started trying to mentally preparing myself to go the ten days over.. I think ill have to lock myself in a room to save all the people around me from listening to my constant moaning! I'm wrecking my own head at this stage!!!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Congrats on your baba mamabear! I need to tell my lazy April baby to get a move on if the May babies are appearing :)

• Advertisement

cant26 wrote: »
    Congratulations Mamabear!!! Great news, you must be so delighted!! Glad the section is healing well for you. Wow the first May baby!!

How is everyone else doing? I feel like a pregnant whale.. Everything is such an effort:eek:!! I was really hoping to maybe go a week or so early but have just started trying to mentally preparing myself to go the ten days over.. I think ill have to lock myself in a room to save all the people around me from listening to my constant moaning! I'm wrecking my own head at this stage!!!;)

I'm exactly like that - I had let myself slip into believing it could happen soon - I'm 38 weeks on thurs and have now decided - on advise from women on here :) I need to cop myself on and pretend I've a month left!! It's just so hard when u feel so ready to explode!! Mentally I'm on a battle now to get over it and try and get all my jobs done! I don't even have the baby sleep suits put into drawers - everything is in a huge unorganised washed bundle.... So I'm trying to change my attitude to say I need the time! 4 weeks today would have me 12 over so I know f I haven't gone by then ill be auto section as I had a previous one. We just need to keep each other motivated :)
    Trying to enjoy my time now with my 14 month old giving her as much attention as I can! Even made myself get down and climb into her Wendy house for a play with all the balls today - getting out.... Well that prob entertained her more than the ball throwing!!!! She's almost walking and us v adorable! So gonna try get my assignments done for a course I'm doing , get the babies clothes organised & in general lighten up!! Sorry this has turned into a self motivating rant!!!!!

Digs wrote: »
    Congrats on your baba mamabear! I need to tell my lazy April baby to get a move on if the May babies are appearing :)

It's obvs v happy in there digs - just imagine you'll have a lovely laid back baby who'll just want to stay cuddling all day :) your doing great - just think back to when you were looking at a section due to breech - think of the benefit of time the baby has had since :) it'll be so good for him/her!!! Prob suffer less from tummy troubles etc! Now I'm just in a motivational mood....!!
    :P

Congrats mamabear!!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

I'm exactly like that - I had let myself slip into believing it could happen soon - I'm 38 weeks on thurs and have now decided - on advise from women on here :) I need to cop myself on and pretend I've a month left!! It's just so hard when u feel so ready to explode!! Mentally I'm on a battle now to get over it and try and get all my jobs done! I don't even have the baby sleep suits put into drawers - everything is in a huge unorganised washed bundle.... So I'm trying to change my attitude to say I need the time! 4 weeks today would have me 12 over so I know f I haven't gone by then ill be auto section as I had a previous one. We just need to keep each other motivated :)
    Trying to enjoy my time now with my 14 month old giving her as much attention as I can! Even made myself get down and climb into her Wendy house for a play with all the balls today - getting out.... Well that prob entertained her more than the ball throwing!!!! She's almost walking and us v adorable! So gonna try get my assignments done for a course I'm doing , get the babies clothes organised & in general lighten up!! Sorry this has turned into a self motivating rant!!!!!

I'm 36 since Sunday.. I'm due the 12th of May but im really liking the idea of the 1st of May! If only it were that simple:rolleyes: I hear you on the ready to explode feeling!! My bump is HUGE and I keep thinking of that baby that was born in the UK weighing 15lbs:eek: I'm really tall and so is my OH so anything is possible...

You're taking the right approach, your little girl sounds so cute and I bet she loves mum playing in the wendy house;)! I don't know how you do it. I had my 3year old nephew for the weekend and he is good as gold but I felt the difference in the energy levels after he went home, and he's not a baby any more! I kind of feel bad for moaning now!!!!

I'm the exact same, as much as I want to go early I have nothing organised so I think ill take your motivational speech and tailor it to my needs!!! Thanks.. I think one day at a time is going to be my motto for the next while...
    We'll get there in the end!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭Zizigirl

Hi girls,
    I'm still Breech and found out there is a growth issue with baby this week so I'm in the know of my date and it won't be long now for me! Have decided we are telling nobody dates as we want to both surprise everybody with announcement and have the option of holding off with announcement if baby goes to special care as dealing with phone calls and texts will be too much in that case. However, hopefully this will not happen and I am focusing on healthy baby scenario! Excited and nervous now!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

Zizgirl I'm due 10th June but nose at this thread. Best luck everything and all should be perfect! You hav gone far enough so baby must be just ready for world a little sooner than planned :)

That's exciting zizi!!!!

I had a doc appt today and baby fully engaged - he says cos the baby is looking ready and a good size and due to the pressure on my section scar he is gonna try a sweep next fri! V excited now! While he said I could still go over he also said it could be any day now which I know is mostly the case but I didn't realise the baby was engaged and as he says - ready to arrive so I'm delighted :)

Nervous about the sweep but if it increases my chance of a natural birth as opposed to a section I'm happy to give it a shot!!

Wow that's good news DL.

Wow that's good news DL.

It's prob just false hope :)
    Not sure how successful sweeps are and I can't really in my heart of hearts see myself going before that.
    I never got to have the feeling of my daughter being engaged as she was section / breech so I think I'm just excited its looking like it might happen naturally! You'll have a 3 week old and ill be here begging for a section!!!!!

• Advertisement

How's everyone doing?
    38+ 5 tomorrow - so much pressure and 'lightening' but not a contraction in sight!
    Section scar burning a little now which is worrying but ill say it when I'm in on fri!
    Hopefully babies will start to drive soon :) almost into May so it can't be too long :)

Advertisement