Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini HTPC Build help with PicoPSU

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I haven't any experience with pico-PSUs but another alternative is an SFX PSU.
    http://www2.hardwareversand.de/300+-+400+Watts/32199/be+quiet!+SFX+Power+BQT+SFX+350W.article

Some cases will directly support them but others may need additional brackets.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭brian_ire

Thanks for that Mono. Yeh I think this case might support that - still interested to hear if anybody has any thoughts on the PicoPSU. My continued hunt to find out what type I need is failing :(

Go for a PicoPSU if you want.

Just make sure to get a proper one and not a cheap knock-off. Also make sure to get a power brick that is suitably rated. Note that some of the higher rated power bricks will have a fan that due to the higher RPM might even be louder than a good ATX PSU.

Thanks for that. I guess that's the issue - I'll get a proper one but there seems to be so many variations and combinations of PicoPSU and power brick that I'm at a loss.

Any guidance would be very appreciated :D

Just in case anybody searches this in the future, Mini-box (the makers of PicoPSU) answered an email I sent answering my question.

They recommended the PicoPSU-160-XT combined with the 192W AC/DC adapter.

Now off to make my ultra silent mini-htpc!

• Advertisement
Advertisement