Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Jesuit Church bought by priests

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭Johnny_BravoIII

Another opportunity for the city centre lost!

The strategic location of the jesuit church in heart of the georgian crescent at the top of the main central avenue (o'connell st)........a little imagination and the possibilites are endless.

Consider what could of been achieved with a little long-term planning & foresight which tied in redevelopment & preservation of the georgian architecture with a refurbished mallow street & the bus/station station area.

That little area is perfect for a general visitor area. ie. information points, cafe's. Public access to that building would of been significant if there is to be any proper advantage taken from the cities original georgian structure.

It could of worked as a perfect destination anchor point for people visiting the city who could walk from bus to park to information point.

It's tragic that the possibilities of limerick using its assets to their full advantage is lost in some argument about books getting damp!

What's even worse is a tiny private minority group gets it forever for little or nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭The Sky

I am glad this has been reopened as a church, such a beautiful building and it is opening on September 1 on a Saturday at 10am.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭The Sky

I was in there this morning, it is lovely inside. I cannot imagine it as anything but a church and am glad it has stayed the same way. There is no pews at the moment and it is in need of renovation but altar is stunning.

Advertisement