Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank to be made presentable!

Options
  • 26-08-2012 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi all, I recently had some clearing work done with a digger around my yard, any suggestions as to how to make a steep ( 60 degrees-ish) bank presentable?? I had the grass scraped off it by the digger so its just earth now, fairly rocky too though. I have pea gravel in other parts of the yard but I think the bank is too steep for it to stay on, bark probably wouldn't work either, any suggestions? I want minimal upkeep as that was my reason for doing the clearing in the first place to get rid of all the grass and hedges!!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭ponddigger

hi any photos of the steep bank:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Ding Dong

i had a similar situation. planted a number of verbinum. evergreen, flowers, hardy and grows at a slow enuff rate but makes a nice hedge / cover

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭rje66

as ding dong said viburnum davidii will work well . depending on size of bank a mix of varieties of plants will work well. if large, plant in groups of 5/7.

some low growing plants - juniperus 'blue star', cotoneaster 'coral beauty' ,

mid size plants, cistus, potentilla, spireae, hypericum, lonicera

larger, cornus(dog wood) , some escallonia, berberis, eleagnus, pittosporum.

any questions please ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Hypericum would be good, tough as old boots and nice yellow flowers

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Rockapotomus

Thanks guys, I have zero experience at this kind of stuff so all help appreciated! Are these plants ones I can just plant and forget about?

• Advertisement
Advertisement