Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN‏

Options
  • 26-08-2012 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I have an E commerce website and the payment method is paypal.
    When a product is purchsed an e-mail comes through from paypal to confirm purchase.

There is a small issue that there is no address for the purchaser/buyer by paypal through the payment confirmation.
    I have pasted a small sample of the e-mail that is sent by paypal to myself.

To find out the address of the customer I have to log into the admin side of website to find details.

I was just wondering what can be done to have all details including address e-mailed to me.:confused:

below is what I receive from Paypal

PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN Debug Email Notification
    mc_gross=
    protection_eligibility=Ineligible
    payer_id=
    tax=0.00
    payment_date=10:12:55 Aug 24, 2012 PDT
    payment_status=Completed
    charset=windows-1252
    first_name=
    mc_fee=0.59
    notify_version=3.6
    custom=
    payer_status=unverified
    business=
    quantity=1
    verify_sign=At-
    payer_email=
    txn_id=
    payment_type=instant
    last_name=
    receiver_email=
    payment_fee=
    receiver_id=
    txn_type=web_accept
    item_name=
    mc_currency=EUR
    item_number=
    residence_country=IE
    receipt_id=
    handling_amount=0.00
    transaction_subject=
    payment_gross=
    shipping=0.00
    ipn_track_id=

PayPal Response
    VERIFIED

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭fcrossen

Assuming the user fills in their address on the payment page before you send them to Paypal, you can pass the address as a custom variable to Paypal.

It should be returned to you by Paypal with the rest of the data.

See https://cms.paypal.com/cms_content/US/en_US/files/developer/PP_WebsitePaymentsStandard_IntegrationGuide.pdf - page 409 - Record Keeping with Passthrough Variables

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭TheWaterboy

Do you not collect the shipping address at checkout time before the buyer goes to Paypal?

This would be a much better solution as Paypal address might not always be their shipping address.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭B1977

The buyer inserts his address whether it is home address or shipping address.
    I then receive an e-mail off paypal IPN,but there is no address on this e-mail. paypal then send a second e-mail confirming payment but there is still no address.

any ideas:confused:

http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.php?84098-No-address-passed-or-available-with-paypal-IPN-checkout

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭TheWaterboy

According to the Zendesk forums you need to do the following:

Edit

edit /includes/modules/payment/paypal.php
    Line 430
    Remove the // from in front of the 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_ADDRESS_REQUIRED'

The in ZenDesk Admin you should have the ability to edit the Shipping Address Option.

This should fix the issue I think.

Advertisement