Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stoke City V Arsenal Aug 26th 1:30pm

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

blobby360 wrote: »
    Anyone else seeing this ending as a draw :(

Yeah, still plenty of time to go but can't really see either side scoring at the moment tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Id rahter see Ox come on for Gervinho myself instead of Walcott

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

With new players bedding in, it was really up to Gervinho to step up. he's just not doing it.

G.K. wrote: »
    Listening to Talksport, Sam Matterface pronounces 'Giroud' in such a way that I think Djourou is up top...

Think I'll start doing that myself, might help in my pursuit of Natalie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Imagine arsenal went a hole season without scoring . Itd be like the invincible year only pony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Hold on now, elbowing people in the face is a foul now?

Boo...

Pennant looks angry, did he just find out that he left another car in Spain or something?

LB is a problem too.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Was sure that was a penalty. Phew!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Absolute stonewaller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

That really should've been a pelanty to stoke.

1-1 in the penalty claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Don't think that was a penalty at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Good touch by gibbs

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tsoparno

Even with that dutch fella heading out the door I was optimistic for the season, now I know it's only two games in but I'm getting nervous, there's absolutely nothing happening up front. Was hoping Gerv would improve but his identical to last season and now er're calling to get Walcott on...... not good not good at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Should have been a peno imo, silly from Gibbs

poor start to te 2nd half from Arsenal. Time for a change

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

HazDanz wrote: »
    Good touch by gibbs

Maybe not lol!

tsoparno wrote: »
    Even with that dutch fella heading out the door I was optimistic for the season, now I know it's only two games in but I'm getting nervous, there's absolutely nothing happening up front. Was hoping Gerv would improve but his identical to last season and now er're calling to get Walcott on...... not good not good at all.

Relax no need for getting nervous, its early days yet. Podolski and Cazorla have lloked very good, Giroud has looked a bit isolated but credit to Stoke there defending well. Were Arsenal getting goals has never been an issue they will come.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Podolski is worse than Ashley Young for crossing blindly,take a look up man.

What a ****ing ridiculous foul.

Stoke playing what their good at, breaking legs!!!
    That could have been awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

That's a disgraceful tackle. A few kicks at Cazorla just prior to it also!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Ref evened up the penalty shouts there.

Nasty tackle and ****e free kick.

Walcott should be on.

• Advertisement

Gervinho and Diaby off for Walcott/Oxlade-Chamberlain and Ramsey please. Gotta change something.

Jerome on for Pennant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Andy Wilkinson is a disgrace really. All he does is kick lumps out of people, one of these days he is going to seriously injure someone. I've been onto him since he set out on a mission to break Ronaldo's legs in the 2008/09 fixture at the Brittania, any time I watch him he has at least one terrible challenge that could have easily resulted in a bad injury. He really is a dangerous and horrible footballer, the type you rarely see in the modern game, who just go around breaking people up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Should have been sent off imo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Andy Wilkinson is a disgrace really. All he does is kick lumps out of people, one of these days he is going to seriously injure someone. I've been onto him since he set out on a mission to break Ronaldo's legs in the 2008/09 fixture at the Brittania, any time I watch him he has at least one terrible challenge that could have easily resulted in a bad injury. He really is a dangerous and horrible footballer, the type you rarely see in the modern game, who just go around breaking people up.

Typical Stoke player really. They are a danger to players who try to play football. Horrible, horrible team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Really **** second half so far from Arsenal, disappointed with how flat they are

Should have done a hell of a lot better with that :mad:.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

He's not that kind of player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Giroud should have done a lot better there!

Good reading from Begovic there

20 minutes to go, should be getting into the 1-minute-per-stoppage phase of the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,992 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I think Arsenal need to take off one of Giroud/Poldolski.

Forehead off for Walcott

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

Happy to see Gervinho being substituted as he has been poor today imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tsoparno

Wouldn't it be great if Ramsey came on and scored the winner :D

• Advertisement

Good work from Giroud there - unlucky from Arteta

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

its opening up, i sense a goal here....

Getting closer.

World class control and finish, Diaby :pac:

Why did it fall to Diaby?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

keano_afc wrote: »
    Typical Stoke player really. They are a danger to players who try to play football. Horrible, horrible team.

That's a bit unfair imo, I wouldnt tar them all with the same brush. He is the only one I feel is going to really hurt someone. The likes of Crouch, Wilson, Whelan, Pennant, Kightly etc are not dirty players. Just one nutter on a mission imo.
    He's not that kind of player.

I think you will find that he is. Every game, at least one outrageous challenge, been going on for 4 years of me watching Stoke matches and saying "Watch out for Wilkinson, he's level someone at some stage." and being proved right on many occasions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

greendom wrote: »
    Why did it fall to Diaby?

I dont think it would matter who it fell to today. We really seem to lack that cutting edge today

1-0 Stoke coming soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

1-0 Stoke coming soon.

For once I dont feel like that. Think our defense has dealt with Stoke ok today

• Advertisement

Can't see us scoring today.
    It's a pity, it will take some time for us to have a settled striker, as we are doing everything else very well indeed.
    Arshavin up front anyone?:D
    Stoke fans are a credit to hooligan supporters everywhere.

Advertisement