Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stoke City V Arsenal Aug 26th 1:30pm

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

You stay classy, Stoke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

That's a f**king disgrace from the Stoke fans!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Booing Ramsey for coming on. Yeah, boooooo, we disapprove of you breaking your leg against us. booo.

scumbags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Neil Armstrong.... anyone thinking what i'm thinking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

what was it?

Wenger must have some kind of anti-Hair Dryer, this is a completely different Arsenal in the second half than the first.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

We are not feeding the wingers enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Stoke fans booing Ramsey is disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Stoke are a really horrible little club, wish they'd get relegated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

The bloody irony of that free kick against Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Fair shoulder, 50/50, he out muscles the Stoke player... And a free against him?

Jesus, if that was called consistently Stoke would be in League 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Poor from Walters, should have swung at it with his left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I'd really love someone to ask Pubis his opinion of the Stoke fans booing Ramsey after the game. No doubt he'd say he didnt hear it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Good effort but really poor decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Wow, that was close :eek:

On the plus-side at least Giroud still has some confidence.

Giroud ****ing hell!!!
    Imagine that had gone in

what a effort

What an effort!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭djan

So close Giroud, top of the net, would have been a very lucky baal if it had gotten to ramse.

So close from Giroud

Arteta MOTM, well deserved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

in fairness if it had gone in it would be an early contender of goal of the season.

worth a pop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Will the ref ever fcuking get out of the way of diaby

Look on bright side Arsenal fans, this time last year you conceded 8 goals.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Pulis needed the toilet or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Not saying we would have done anything with more time, but 3 minutes for 6 subs and endless time wasting is a joke.

This time last year United were champions :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭BINKY NIPPER

Arsenal look ordinary without RVP , No goals first 2 games for them doesn't bode well.

Decent performance from Arsenal. looking very well organised defensively and not too worried about up front. The goals will come.

IvySlayer wrote: »

Wants to be the first to get naked for the showers.

• Advertisement

On the plus side, that's Stoke out of the way and no-one got injured.

Not the worst result against Stoke who held out the top four last season at home too.
    First 2 game for our new boys havn't been the easiest games to learn from.
    When all our boys settle in, this team will be fantastic.

IvySlayer wrote: »

Probably so he doesn't have to do an interview and be asked about that shameful booing of Ramsey by the Stoke fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

It's been a year already?!? For some reason I thought the 8-2 happened in October/ November

Arsenal look ordinary without RVP , No goals first 2 games for them doesn't bode well.

Arsenal had RVP last season for the first two games and didn't score in either of them :)

Good attempt though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Ridiculous comment only two games in, we were worse off at this stage last year

• Advertisement

Arsenal will be in or thereabouts for CL spot, just need players to gel.

Last post here too as I know I'll just get annoyed when everyone posts saying " No RVP " etc.

Diaby, Arteta , Jenkinson, Mertesacker and Mannone all had great games.

As PD said, 0-0 against them isn't the worst result and we look to have escaped with all our limbs intact.

As for Stoke, I wont go there. Maybe this might be the season they go down. They look poorer than usual and their ground isn't as intimidating as it used to be.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Sucks that we didn't score. Was it just me though or was that the best defensive performance I've seen from an arsenal team in years? I can't remember the last time we looked that solid at the back against Stoke. Bould is doing something right.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

If it was mid season or a few games in I'd feel a bit happier with a point away to stoke for a game we are usually out muscled in and shy away from we totally controlled that.

****ing hate listening to J Rednapp takes nothing but ****e about Arsenal, still bitter from his dads days at the Spuds

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Soups123 wrote: »

****ing hate listening to J Rednapp takes nothing but ****e about Arsenal, still bitter from his dads days at the Spuds

Yeah he's ridiculous. Don't know why sky still give him a job, terrible pundit. Having said that Neville is by far my favourite sky pundit these days, unlike Redknapp he actually knows what the hell he's talking about.

Arsenal looked ordinary for the vast majority of last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tsoparno

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Sucks that we didn't score. Was it just me though or was that the best defensive performance I've seen from an arsenal team in years? I can't remember the last time we looked that solid at the back against Stoke. Bould is doing something right.

Yeah it was solid but can't help thinking it was helped by stoke's complete inability to play football. We need another striker, no option to change it round.

tsoparno wrote: »
    Yeah it was solid but can't help thinking it was helped by stoke's complete inability to play football. We need another striker, no option to change it round.

I agree on that. The fact that Chamakh wasn't even on the bench makes me wonder if we'll be getting another striker before Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Mickeroo wrote: »

We look a bit more organized but Stoke are also useless at attacking. We can't say "it's only two games in give the forwards a chance" and then swing right round and claim our defense is a masterclass after games against two mediocre "park the bus" teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

We look a bit more organized but Stoke are also useless at attacking. We can't say "it's only two games in give the forwards a chance" and then swing right round and claim our defense is a masterclass after games against two mediocre "park the bus" teams.

We can because we have three attack minded players all trying to gel into the team, they do look class but need to get to know each other and there team mates movements etc.

Along with yes the two teams weve played arent exactly attacking heavyweights of the league but even against these teams last year we looked nervy you always had a feeling soething was going to go wrong, but we look organised and that was without Kos and Sagna. Jenkinson has looked solid glad to see hes silencing some of his doubters.

And we could easily have given away a penalty.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Did I seriously read a post saying Diaby was great?

... what?

Cazorla and Arteta were our best players by a mile; Vermaelen was quality too. Podolski and Giroud showed flashes but it's going to take time, and we really could with another forward or creative midfielder in the meantime.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I think you will find that he is. Every game, at least one outrageous challenge, been going on for 4 years of me watching Stoke matches and saying "Watch out for Wilkinson, he's level someone at some stage." and being proved right on many occasions.

Just the one incident which he should have been sent off for today - an elbow into Balotelli's face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

Did I seriously read a post saying Diaby was great?

... what?

Cazorla and Arteta were our best players by a mile; Vermaelen was quality too. Podolski and Giroud showed flashes but it's going to take time, and we really could with another forward or creative midfielder in the meantime.

They were both brilliant in midfield. Superb pass by Arteta to send Gervinho in on goal and a quality finish from the striker. Wilshere is coming back very soon I believe. Maybe the League Cup game against Coventry. Hard to believe he's been out 15 months now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement