Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE2 HD SKY - SOUND BUT NO COMMENTARY

Options
  • 26-08-2012 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I'm watching the Sunday game on RTE 2HD on Sky and there is no commentary sound, I can hear all the action sounds (Like players kicking the ball, shouting at each other, the crowd, the ref's whistle.) but there is no commentary sound, Also at the start of the game and half time etc. when Michael lyster is talking to Pat Spillane and the rest, there is no sound either, Altho you can hear the sound from the mic's around the stadium (With people talking etc.) but no commentary sounds. I tried changing the audio setting on the box (Checked all options and makes no difference)
    Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue?
    I can still watch it on Saorview but I'd prefer to sort it if possible,
    So if anyone can assist would be greatly appreciated?
    Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Are there more than one audio carrier perhaps. Press the Audio button to see if there are other options that can be chosen.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭thisNthat

byte wrote: »
    Are there more than one audio carrier perhaps. Press the Audio button to see if there are other options that can be chosen.

Yes perfect, Thank you. I went into the audio setting in the main menu and tried all setting but no difference.

Tried what you said and sure enough there was another audio carrier, Tried the other setting and it worked, sound with commentary.

Thanks a million byte, Greatly appreciated. :D

I find the Picture on RTE2 HD on sky far superior to the RTE2 HD on Saorview. On Sky I'm getting a Bit rate of 1987KB/s and on Saorview I'm getting 1120KB/s, Its a noticeable difference,
    Thanks again.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Please don't shout.

Also a reminder that Sky cards are only authorized to be used in Sky Digiboxes, you can't discuss using them in other equipment here. Closed at OP's request.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement