Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for breakfast thread?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Pancakes! Made by my own fair hand.

Weren't great though... tried to make American-style fluffy ones but used plain rather than SR flour. Meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Wholemeal toast and scrambled eggs.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

63 Degree eggs on Pancakes, Nom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭dipdip

Rew wrote: »
    63 Degree eggs on Pancakes, Nom.

Okay I'll take the bait. What are 63 Degree eggs? :)

I had a little home-made granola with milk, and a fried egg on a slice of buttery toast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

dipdip wrote: »
    Okay I'll take the bait. What are 63 Degree eggs? :)

I had a little home-made granola with milk, and a fried egg on a slice of buttery toast.
    It is an egg that is poached to exactly 63 degrees cooked Sous Vide I think. I am open to correction though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

It is an egg that is poached to exactly 63 degrees cooked Sous Vide I think. I am open to correction though.

Yup pretty much. You poach them in their shells at 63 degrees in a water oven/Sous Vide oven. I did them last night brought them to work and warmed them under the tap for a few mins before chucking them on top of shop bought pancakes that work bought us today (original plan was a bagel but pancakes were a much better option).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

Two boiled eggs (laid this morning!!) and brown toast soldiers and lots of Twining's English Breakfast tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Cavity inducing porridge made with some of my remaining pancake fillings

72319b35-0735-4bc5-b0d1-68518350c825_zps2c7eaff6.jpg

Who needs teeth sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭jimboblep

Full breakfast roll
    Feck the arteries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Went for brunch with my flatmate this morning. I got smoked crispy streaky bacon, poached eggs and doorstep batch toast. Yum!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I just didn't feel like my usual frugal porridge today....
    French toast, streaky bacon and maple syrup:D:D

7L9RFy.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Scrambled eggs cooked in butter with a dash of double cream. 10/10, would eat again.

Poached eggs with smoked salmon and soda bread. So delicious. My favourite ever breakfast meal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

Poached egg and smoked salmon in a wholemeal pitta bread. Yummy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Summer berry pancakes, mango Greek yogurt, pineapple juice and a handful of oats.

Scrambled eggs and brown bread today

Porridge with banana, honey and cinnamon. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

The fridge freezer had suddenly decided to stop working. Just as well I didn't have much in the freezer, we're having fish fingers for breakfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

I tried to get artist with the breakfast this morning, bread, ham and egg, stuffed mushrooms and sausages.
    39to.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

^^^ your egg-ham-bread cup is so purrrty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

cofy wrote: »
    I tried to get artist with the breakfast this morning, bread, ham and egg, stuffed mushrooms and sausages.

Hi Cofy,

How did you cook the ham & egg, looks lovely :)

Loire.

Loire wrote: »
    Hi Cofy,

How did you cook the ham & egg, looks lovely :)

Loire.

Thank you. I used a rolling pin on some slices of bread to flatten them, then I buttered them and put them in a muffin tin, then I put a slice of ham and broke an egg into them. Popped them into the oven at 180, then sprinkled a bit of parsley on top.

It was one way of using up left over ham from the school sandwiches:D

A very rare Irish breakfast (minus the black pudding) which I thoroughly enjoyed :)

148etf9.jpg

cofy wrote: »
    Thank you. I used a rolling pin on some slices of bread to flatten them, then I buttered them and put them in a muffin tin, then I put a slice of ham and broke an egg into them. Popped them into the oven at 180, then sprinkled a bit of parsley on top.

It was one way of using up left over ham from the school sandwiches:D

I LOVE the sound of this...how long did you cook them for?

I always worry cooking eggs as I'm never entirely sure how long to do them for.

fussyonion wrote: »

I had them in for about 8-9 mins (for meduim egg) it would depend on the size of the egg and how well done you like them. If you have a glass oven door it would be easy to keep an eye on them.

fussyonion wrote: »

I had them in for about 8-9 mins (medium size). It would depend on the size of the egg and how well done you like them. If you have a glass door on your oven you would be able to see when they are done.

Slice of wholemeal soda bread with melted feta cheese and a poached egg this morning :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Fish fingers on toast. I'm not even sorry!!

We had something similar tinned red salmon on toast.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

There's a new café around the corner from us that looked really quirky & promising from the outside so we dropped in for breakfast and it turned out to be just awful, which we copped it would be from the minute we set hoof past door saddle but we're too chicken to swivel and leave.

Think it's one of those places where someone thought 'I like food! I can run a food business, why NOT open a cafe! No reason!' and they have not one single clue of how to do it. So they, for example, didn't realise that the Cuisine de France parbaked frozen Turkish flatbread needed to be finished in the oven resulting in a breakfast 'panini' that crumbled apart. (which I only ordered because they 'couldn't find suitable beans' for their homemade baked beans)

Also the lady behind the counter was on her first day there and asked could she have some soup on her break and was told no. Not pleasant to listen to someone going 'oh...oh that's ok, not really hungry anyway' while you try to peace together your greasy, crumbly, easi-single-y flatbread. AGH.

Advertisement