Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for breakfast thread?

Options
19596979899101»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭nachouser

It was a fried egg hammered into a bagel. It's a work canteen that does the kinda bagel / croissant thing for breakfast.

Brekkie roll.

Toast Francais.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 adamers

Coffee and homemade pancakes

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭con747

I'm not sure if that poster is a bot or post builder, I could be totally wrong though! I stuck it on the spammers thread for the powers that be to decide. Sorry adamers if your a genuine poster.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 adamers

1 ¾ cups flour

2 teaspoons white sugar

1 ½ teaspoons baking powder

1 teaspoon baking soda

¾ teaspoon salt

2 cups kefir

2 eggs

I mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl. Then I add kefir and eggs, and stir until batter is moist but still lumpy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,835 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Kerala curry with (badly peeled) boiled eggs

• Registered Users Posts: 18,646 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Match day breakfast

Slava Ukrainii

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Spanish Omlette.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Butter, with a side of toast, sausage and a perfect fried egg.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

That egg is utterly beautiful, I will some day figure out frying a crunchy/runny egg.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

I have a stainless steel pan. Gets dishwashered as needed. When it comes out it gets heated super hot, then gets heated with good splash of oil for two minutes, bit of swirling, and then allowed to cool.

Then when it's time for breakfast get it really hot (13 out of 16 on my induction hob, 5 out of 6 on the old ceramic). Don't be stingy with the oil. Crack the egg in (it should sizzle up beautifully), season with salt and pepper. When the white looks pretty good, I like to turn off the heat and turn the egg to give the top a quick toasting and get it off of the pan on to a plate ASAP. My OH prefers a more set yolk, so they get a bit of a longer cook on top.

The steel pan doesn't care about getting overheated, so you can really go for it. Getting the hang of seasoning can take a little practice, but you can do it every time you wash it, no lifetime care like for the cast iron. I find the seasoning method is good enough to do crepes in (drain off the oil), and the super crispy eggs slide around in it. I have a 24cm stainless steel pan from ikea. The aluminium rivets don't care for the dishwasher, so I probably need to replace it in a few years (or figure out if someone can repair it for me)

Oh season every time, interesting 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 18,646 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

One of the tricks with fried eggs is a very fresh egg. If you ever had your own hens an egg straight from the nest box in the morning. The fresher the egg the more it sits up in the pan

Post edited by Bass Reeves on

Slava Ukrainii

Everytime you wash it at least. It lives on the hob for a few goes, and after it gets washed it gets seasoned. Stainless steel has a temporary seasoning, so it stands up to a lot of mishandling :)

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Recliner

Now, you see, I'd consider that an absolutely smashing egg. My OH, on the other hand, refuses to eat a fried egg if there is even a hint of colour or crispiness to it.

I hate frying eggs for him. It's actually stressful.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Hot, hot pan for a crispy, bubbly bottom, but never turned, for me. Can't stand a fried egg with no crispyness or one with a set yolk. Must be both crispy and have a runny yolk!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,835 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I do like an American diner style barely cooked over easy egg on occassion.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I wish I liked fried or poached eggs. I like the yolk, but not the white. Scrambled or omelettes I love though.

It tastes like sulphur to me, and I can't take the slimy texture.

If it's crispy fried like @Tree's I can nibble a bit on the crunchy bits. I have tried, but egg white is the one food, outside offal, that I just cannot eat. 😭

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭con747

Egg and cheese bagels

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

Advertisement