Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for breakfast thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Greek yogurt, sunflower seeds, linseed and an apple.

breakfastmay2013_zps44412e2b.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

A 3 egg omelette with ham, cheese, scallion and chive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Emilymurp

homemade pancakes with berries and a delicious orange juice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Homemade brown bread with real butter and cheese. Cup of tea and a glass of tropicana orange juice. Was lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Bacon, eggs and asparagus. Now roll on English Paper 1.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

decisions wrote: »
    Now roll on English Paper 1.

Best of luck :)

Was hungover on Sunday and really really reeeeeally wanted a greasy breakfast of processed meats and eggs and beans. Forced myself to have this instead. Felt a lot better for it actually!

breakfastjune2013_zps0a872d1d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

2 slices of grilled Oliver Carty smoked bacon, Croissant and Kerrygold butter washed down with a bottle of ice cold still water. Yum !

• Registered Users Posts: 38 lisatu

I had two courgette and cherry muffins and a coffee. Yummy:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

lisatu wrote: »
    I had two courgette and cherry muffins and a coffee.

We had roughly the same breakfast! Except mine were banana buns, but still double fruit based cake and a coffee.

2a488e52-edad-42e6-9568-625c9d3fb63f_zpsc26149f4.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I had American style blueberry pancakes with maple syrup. Yum yums!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

McCambridge's buttered toast, with poached eggs and smoked salmon, and a giant cup of tea. Lovely and filling.

Fluffy American-style pancakes served with bananas fried in butter. Got a lovely char on the bananas and they were delicious!

bananapancakesjune2013_zps9b2e6d5f.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

Dropped (on their head) scones, with butter and apricot jam, and a big mug of tea.

I ate the whole lot. :o My stomach hurt a bit from the bulk but soooo worth it. :)

2n06kbo.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

Fried lamb loin chop, scrambled eggs and tay. :cool:

2hoef55.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

I did lemon and ricotta pancakes with raspberry yogurt. They are delicious

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

I have gone mad into smoothies lately! I buy a load of fruit, freeze it so it doesnt go off, then take out each morning what I need. Add some nuts, spinach, yoghurt and milk and you have your 5 a day in one delicious glass!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Toast, rock shandy and a bag of johnny onion rings. Hangovers are a terrible thing :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

lisatu wrote: »
    I had two courgette and cherry muffins and a coffee. Yummy:P

Oooh did you make those muffins?? Would love the recipe

• Registered Users Posts: 38 lisatu

Oooh did you make those muffins?? Would love the recipe

Here is the recipe taken from finding joy in my kitchens website.

Sweet Cherry Zucchini Muffins
    Ingredients
    • 2 C white whole wheat flour
    • 1 C whole wheat flour
    • 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
    • 3/4 tsp. salt
    • 1 tsp. cinnamon
    • 2/3 C sugar {reduce by 1-2 T}
    • 1/4 C brown sugar {do not pack}
    • 1 C milk + 1 T milk
    • 1/8 C olive oil
    • 1 egg
    • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
    • 1 C shredded zucchini, excess liquid squeezed out
    • 1 C dark sweet cherries, pitted and quartered
    Directions
    In a large bowl, measure out the 1/4 C brown sugar {don’t pack!} and 2/3 C sugar. For the 2/3 C sugar, I didn’t fill my measuring cup full – so feel free to do that for yours also.

Add in the 1 C milk and be slightly generous when measuring, if you plan to use all whole wheat/white whole wheat flour.

Stir until well combined.
    Add in the 1 egg, 1/8 C olive oil and 2 tsp. vanilla. Stir.

In the same bowl {hey, I’m a fan of less dishes!!}, pour in the 2 C white whole wheat flour and the 1 C whole wheat flour. Add to that the 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda, 3/4 tsp. salt, and 1 tsp. cinnamon. Carefully stir these dry ingredients until they are slightly mixed while they sit atop the wet ingredients. Then, stir the wet and dry ingredients together.

The batter will be pretty thick at this point. If it’s so thick that you have trouble stirring, add in more milk.

Shred your zucchini, and squish the excess water out of it. Then, add your 1 C shredded zucchini to the batter.

Stir in 1 C quartered cherries {I left mine in halves, but I recommend quartering them!}.

Scoop the batter into 16 lightly greased and/or paper-lined muffin tins.

Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes, until muffins are lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.

Ive no idea where to get white whole wheat flour in Ireland so I use half and half plain flour with whole meal flour.

• Advertisement

Told the OH I'd make him breakfast, so off he went to the shower thinking I was making tea and toast. Instead I made blueberry pancakes served with fried banana and maple syrup. He's a happy man!

blueberrypancakesJuly2013_zps5ac0fa7d.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

We had bacon and egg baskets for breakfast this morning, made by himself of course. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 230 ✭✭alphamule

two pieces of toast, an aero and half a bag of jellybeans

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Tetra

Scrambled eggs, smoked salmon, brown toast and tea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I actually had this for breakfast but I couldn't find the Heres What I Had For Breakfast thread anywhere! Hope it's ok to just stick it here...sure it was nearly lunchtime by the time I ate this!

mtpg84.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Moved. ;)

tHB

Lol I saw a notification on my followed thread, saw this thread and thought "I'm not following the breakfast thread..sure I can't even find it"
    Thought I was going mad.

Thanks Hillbilly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,039 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

fussyonion wrote: »
    I actually had this for breakfast but I couldn't find the Heres What I Had For Breakfast thread anywhere! Hope it's ok to just stick it here...sure it was nearly lunchtime by the time I ate this!

Are you sure those sausages are fully cooked all the way through?!:D

Are you sure those sausages are fully cooked all the way through?!:D

Lol I know..I like them well cooked. I did them in the oven too, hence the wrinklage :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,039 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

fussyonion wrote: »
    Lol I know..I like them well cooked. I did them in the oven too, hence the wrinklage :)

My sister is so paranoid about sausages, she grills them so much that they are kind of crunchy on the inside!

Advertisement