Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drain overflow in front garden

Options
  • 26-08-2012 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

came out this morning to awful smell and the small wavin manhole thing in front garden seems to have overflowed and there was a small amount of awful toilet refuse in garden, we replaced the cover which had slightly come off

any one have a recommendation for a drain cleaner or any idea what we shud do.
    sometimes guilty of throwing baby wipes in toilets. our fault I kno.. :(lesson learned

ive just isolated the problem when i flush ensuite toilet it overflows..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Goodne

Why not buy some drain rods & clean it yourself? http://www.buy4now.ie/woodiesdiy/productdetail.aspx?pid=12057&loc=P&catid=101.12.26. Much less expensive that getting a company out.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 frosty66

thanks for reply.
    how would i use those? screw them together &shw them down sewer or down toilet?
    am clueless

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Goodne

Hi, yeah the rods screw together; just make sure you tighten them properly together. Put something like this http://www.buy4now.ie/woodiesdiy/productdetail.aspx?pid=12059&loc=P&catid=101.12.26 on the end of the first rod & insert it half way down the drain, add the next rod & push & keep adding the rods on as you push them down. Try to use a push/pulling back motion instead of twisting as this could loosen the rods & allow one to fall off in the drain. Hope this is helpful. Its not a difficult job more of a messy one. Hope you learnt you lesson about not putting wipes down the drain.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

If you've never done this before- get someone out- the last thing you want is rods stuck down the pipes too. Any local newletter/newspaper will normally have tradesmen at the back who offer local services, rodding would normally be one.

Advertisement