Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Dancing Classes for Adults in Limerick

• 26-08-2012 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi,

Does anyone know of any Irish dancing classes for adults for beginners that'll be starting soon? I know they'll probably start off with soft shoe stuff but I'd be interested in learning hard shoe and the different rhythms. Who would be best to teach this and where are they located?

I'd appreciate any feedback on this. I'm located near the city centre so anywhere near there preferably. Plus, I'm also a set dancer normally and have done a bit of sean nós so I wouldn't be a complete beginner when it comes to dancing.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mlydly

Hi just saw your post and wondering if you found an irish dance class for adults?
    I have phoned 2 places, one being dance fusion and sent emails but never got a reply. I phoned again last week and no joy.

I used to do irish dancing as a child and would love to get back into it.

Be great to hear if you found a class :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 LPI

Hi,

I went to Scoil Uí Ruairc in Caherdavin. It's on Monday nights from 7.30. I was a complete beginner myself but many of them have dancing experience from a child or have been dancing with the school for couple of years or that. I haven't been there since end of November or beginning of December but may go back tonight (haven't practised the steps or dances so feel bit conscious of that). Definitely worth going to for a night or two to see how you like it. It has a nice atmosphere and the teachers are lovely and helpful.

If you've anymore questions, let me know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mlydly

oh great, cheers.
    I checked the website and tonight is the final night to register.
    So ill definitely go and check it out.

Thanks for your help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 collinseliza

LPI wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anyone know of any Irish dancing classes for adults for beginners that'll be starting soon? I know they'll probably start off with soft shoe stuff but I'd be interested in learning hard shoe and the different rhythms. Who would be best to teach this and where are they located?

I'd appreciate any feedback on this. I'm located near the city centre so anywhere near there preferably. Plus, I'm also a set dancer normally and have done a bit of sean nós so I wouldn't be a complete beginner when it comes to dancing.

Thanks.

Thanks for letting me know, I'm afraid I'm in Dublin today otherwise I'd love to register. Shucks....

Advertisement