Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MBP Problem

Options
  • 26-08-2012 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

I recently tried to wipe the hard drive of my mac, hoping to then re-install the OS and have it as if I just bought my mac, all the stupid apps etc gone.

BUT I installed Lion, that was fine, then I tried to do it. I think I went wrong somewhere tbh!!
    The Lion recovery appears, but the download never finishes it starts at 200+ hours but never gets to zero, always stops, after a few hours I could come back and it'll say 41 hrs 16 mins remaining etc, but never goes passed that!!

Does anyone know what I can do? have been trying to download it for 2 months but it's not working,

Is it possible to leave it into a certified apple engineer and have them replace the hard drive or something? I'm at a loss tbh.

Also the left part of my trackpad doesn't work, does anyone know how much it costs to repair that?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Liameter

The trackpad problem could be due to a swollen battery. It's important to get that checked ASAP by an authorised Apple dealer.

Get them to sort the other problem at the same time. The two might be related.

Advertisement