Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upset Routine

Options
  • 26-08-2012 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

I had spinal surgery 2 weeks ago therefore my partner is now looking after our 14 month old full time. My son has become very attached and now used to being cared for by him. I know I sound silly but feel so left out of my son's life because I can only touch and cuddle him if he comes over to me on the couch. I feel just like an outsider looking on at a single father and his son.....I'm afraid my son won't see me as mammy anymore!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

lmahoney79 wrote: »
    I had spinal surgery 2 weeks ago therefore my partner is now looking after our 14 month old full time. My son has become very attached and now used to being cared for by him. I know I sound silly but feel so left out of my son's life because I can only touch and cuddle him if he comes over to me on the couch. I feel just like an outsider looking on at a single father and his son.....I'm afraid my son won't see me as mammy anymore!

Try not to worry - they always know their mammy! Plus it's good for him to learn to form strong indepentant relationships! Just think of all the kids in crèches or with a nanny - of course they form a close bond with whoever is feeding/changing them and as babies/toddlers I think this is harder for the mum to watch / but they are just responding to natures needs I suppose and he will also have an understanding that you are not 100% and may be a little put out- I'd say just keep chatting and singing and that kind of thing and he will always only have one mummy shaped hole in his heart!

Hope u recover quickly and well :)

Advertisement