Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recent Beauty Treatments.

• 26-08-2012 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm just looking for a little bit of advice. (Not medical advice, as I will be having my skin looked at by a dr tomorrow anyway)

On wednesday, I had my eyebrows threaded and had a facial. I fear the salon may not have been as clean and as particular about hygiene as you would expect. The lady threading my eyebrows started to cough really bad, and I could hear her hacking up whatever into what I presume was the bin in the stall beside mine. My right eyebrow has hurt ever since, but on friday night, little lumps started to form underneath and this morning, red lumps are starting to form under my left eyebrow.

I've had regular facials before and I expect maybe a small amount of spots to appear afterwards, however, this breakout is aggressive. I have three red spots on my chin, red, inflamed looking. 2 on my nose, one on my cheek, 4 on the left side of my face, one on my jaw line and one under my chin. They are quite red and aren't like they have anything in them?

I have never seen it happen before after a facial, I have NEVER had a breakout as severe, not even during my teenage years, and I am on the pill which controls a small hormonal breakout I had got on my chin before.

I haven't changed my makeup or skincare and am at a loss as to what to do.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Could you Google the salon/beautician's name and try and get some reviews on it? Maybe others have had the same experience as you have.

I personally wouldn't use any products on the affected areas, I'd wait and see what your doctor says as you may need medicated creams etc.

I hope it's nothing too serious and you recover soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭xDramaxQueenx

Turns out its a strep infection, picked up from threading and apparently can spread all over the body. I am completely disgusted. Have emailled the salon to inform them but don't want to leave it at just that. i feel disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Is there anyone you can report the salon to for health and safety?

I hope you're okay and you recover soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

xDramaxQueenx maybe be sure that the doctor took swabs/skin scrappings to make sure that it is a streptococcus infection. That way if you take action with the salon, you have microbiology to back it up.

Toast4532 wrote: »
    Is there anyone you can report the salon to for health and safety?

I hope you're okay and you recover soon.

I've contacted health and safety but they are unsure if beauty salons are actually covered by them? Someone will call me back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

Turns out its a strep infection, picked up from threading and apparently can spread all over the body. I am completely disgusted. Have emailled the salon to inform them but don't want to leave it at just that. i feel disgusting.

I am so sorry to hear that such a thing happened to you. I hope you get well soon. And I really hope Health and Safety can do something about this. This is public health!

Is it possible for you to give the name of the place?

I contacted health and safety and they are unsure if they can touch them or not, as they "usually deal with food safety". Never mind that you can catch infections, what would that matter? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

I contacted health and safety and they are unsure if they can touch them or not, as they "usually deal with food safety". Never mind that you can catch infections, what would that matter? :rolleyes:

Don't beauticians/salons have to have a license to operate? You could report them to whoever grants their license. I am not sure, here in the US you have a license you have to display for your clients to see your credentials.

Sorry to hear about that, I'd be absolutely sickened myself!

No chickenbutt apparently not, they do not need a license to operate and they are not regulated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I believe over here anyone can set up a salon. I could do it tomorrow if I wanted. There is no regulation, or credentials required.

OP, have you pushed it with the salon? It sounds horrible!

• Advertisement

Pythia wrote: »
    I believe over here anyone can set up a salon. I could do it tomorrow if I wanted. There is no regulation, or credentials required.

OP, have you pushed it with the salon? It sounds horrible!
    I sent her an email outlining what the doctor had said to me, she called me 2 days later and told me she hoped i felt better soon and made some pathetic attempt at saying that it couldnt have been threading because she only threaded my eyebrows and not my neck (where i also had a break out). I explained that with the infection it was liable to break out anywhere and she just brushed over it.

I was hoping that health and safety would step in, but they've told me its really a civil matter. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9 cookie80

Did she thread your eyebrows before the facial. If so this could be the cause as your hair follicles are opened and then she performed a facial using products. This would have irritated the skin. The facial should have not been performed before the facial. The threading should have been after the facial.
    She should have known this.

If it's sore do not use any perfumed products onto your face until it is cleared up. I hope this helps.

Advertisement