Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic

Options
  • 26-08-2012 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭

Hey guys!! weather ignoramus here! but am heading to electric picnic! Met Eireann seem to suggest that it will be dry and sunnyish for the weekend at electric picnic. Just wondering has anyone any good forecasts or links to such!

Thanks loads,

Partay!!:cool::D:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Short and sweet answer but I'm going and it's looking good. Was around site yesterday with some of the crew. Tis still fairly dry but some spots are very wet. Overall conditions underfoot very good. Good bit of rain to come at front end of week but can't see any problem for kick off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Did ya get a weather related job onsite so Redsunset??

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

sweet as!!! sunshine i heard?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Nelly_Lemon

• Registered Users Posts: 33,649 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

TodayFM DJ's in their competition to give away VIP passes for this have been telling us for 3 weeks now that the weather is going to be great.

How they know, eh?

Lets hope its splitting the stones, and the rest of the country too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Not looking too bad from this early point, maybe some drizzly mist at times but that may be worst case scenario.

http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/Stradbally/long.html

the folks @LaoisWeather are giving it on their models to be 21c or 22c and good sunny spells!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Eh??? There is a Laois Weather Model ???? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'd say the Picnic is easily going to have the best weather for any festival this summer.

September - you can set your weather dial by it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Liverpool1975

One last weekend of sun would be sweet:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Did ya get a weather related job onsite so Redsunset??

Good one, ha. My occupation is far more serious than that.

Right so conditions still looking very good overall
    Expecting it to be reasonably warm, good sunny spells with the risk of some drizzle. But away from western and northern regions look best so EP might not see any.

So nothing major to worry about. T shirt weather because it will be humid.

Enjoy.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Popmart97

Redsunset wrote: »

Expecting it to be reasonably warm, good sunny spells with the risk of some drizzle. But away from western and northern regions look best so EP might not see any.

So then, as I pack my oil skins and denim shorts ;) for Stradbally ...what IS the latest? So many conflicting reports/predictions :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Redsunset wrote: »

What's the ground condition like so far? Hard to know how that site holds up, there's plenty of vegetation around, but it's been so wet in the last few weeks that I'd imagine there's still a few puddles about? And from what I remember the Body and Soul "amphitheatre" doesn't hold up very well to a touch of rain.

I will, naturally, be bringing wellies and wet gear, but I'm wondering out of curiosity more than anything.

Popmart97 wrote: »
    So then, as I pack my oil skins and denim shorts ;) for Stradbally ...what IS the latest? So many conflicting reports/predictions :rolleyes:

there are buzz wreckers saying light rain 9-5 tomorrow and another sat night! other wise warm, humid and patchy sunshine

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

there are buzz wreckers saying light rain 9-5 tomorrow and another sat night! other wise warm, humid and patchy sunshine

As far as I'm concerned, this is gospel: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=80511678&postcount=2605

MJohnston wrote: »

I agree!! but on the electric picnic thread some are disagreeing with it! damn charlatans :mad:

Advertisement