Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clearwater cove Dun Laoghaire

Options
  • 26-08-2012 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi,

I am going to be moving to an apartment in Clearwater cove. Has anyone any experience of this area? Is it queit/safe? I will be getting the dart home from college at around 11pm and am just wondering what the general area is like?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

It's a lovely area overlooking Dun Laoghaire harbour at the West Pier....and very safe too , apart from the odd vagrant. Nearest Dart station is Salthill/Monkstown ...and the town is just a few minutes walk away. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Tsaic

Thanks for your reply! Have you any experience with the 75 bus? It appears to be the easiest way to sandyford but I have heard some bad things about getting it back late at night.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Yes.. the 75 would be the easiest way to Sandyford, leaves from Dun Laoghaire train station approx. every 45 minutes. I've never had any problems on buses heading back from the city centre at night ...and I'd imagine this route would be similar, can't say I've heard any bad stories about it tbh.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

The only bad thing about the 75 is that it takes feckin' ages to get to Dún Laoghaire

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ruby1

Hi guys, just wondering - was planning on visiting a friend in Clearwater Cove this Monday, googled and found your post. My friend was unsure as to whether I'd be able to park there for the day free. I would rather not have to pay on-street in Dun Laoghaire but don't want to be clamped inside there if it's residents parking only! If you happen to read this before Monday I'd greatly appreciate a response/PM :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement