Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TRITON T80 XR

Options
  • 26-08-2012 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hi,we have a triton shower,it seems the on/off push button switch has shorted,ie the shower is on all the time,pumping water and heating ,pushing the switch has no affect,the switch seems to have a nice positive normal action and i can hear the contacts click,
    i can turn off the power at the pull cord but i always had to press the button before as well.this turned on the pump and the element,
    has anyone seen this before?
    can the switches short out?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

pegasuspub wrote: »
    Hi,we have a triton shower,it seems the on/off push button switch has shorted,ie the shower is on all the time,pumping water and heating ,pushing the switch has no affect,the switch seems to have a nice positive normal action and i can hear the contacts click,
    i can turn off the power at the pull cord but i always had to press the button before as well.this turned on the pump and the element,
    has anyone seen this before?
    can the switches short out?

It probably is the switch stuck in the on position, or its wiring shorted.

That switch switches on the pump, and the water solenoid valve. Once water is flowing, the pressure switch brings on the elements.

I have not seen that actual problem happen before.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

give earthridge a ring, if its new enough it will be a warrenty job

Advertisement