Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voice of Ireland (Season 2)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Are you offering me the gig of selecting? :cool:

Ah yeah, sure why not? You can have a wildcard, to overrule the public vote when they get it wrong. It's for their own good :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Like John and Sharon. Daniel was also quite good. Ray was exceptionally. I might even download his cover of Teardrop. It was that good. One of the few who I feel could actually compete on the British version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I watched all of tonights show, the first time I've seen this format, what a heap of dog crap, some of the voices were good enough but everything else stank to high heaven, the voting system is nuts thanks to the pairing system. You can have two utterly crap talents and one will go through while a proper singer gets binned as happened tonight. Crazy stuff all the twitter stuff is desperate **** material and finally the broadcast sound engineering is awful. When Bressie did his thing the everything was reduced to a dull wall of grey mush. Very flat - no depth or separation of sounds at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 silverdolphin

I notice with the voice ireland and the X factor that the auditions are the best parts of the show, (well maybe not the voice ireland, because some of the auditions were pretty brutal this year). But when the contestants get through to the competition rounds, they start singing crap songs, I don't know if this is because the judges choose songs for their contestants or whether the contestants judge their singing abilities poorly and choose songs they shouldn't be singing.
    For example, Roisin shouldn't have sang Amy Winehouse as she's a hard act to follow and a legend in her own right. Her own renditions of Amy Winehouse songs wouldn't do her justice as a singer. I also think Sinéad O'Brien shouldn't be on that show. Whoever told her to sing "Moonriver" should be shot. Sorry to be harsh, but her voice is mediocre. I liked the part where the judges criticised Bressie's performance tonight, I'd like to be a judge on one of Kian's performance's and say "Well based on the fact that he was managed by Louis Walsh, he has learned to talk a lot of bull**** and have an inflated ego when it comes to judging singing."
    I was thinking to myself when Bressie was singing that he's lucky to be on that stage. If he was singing other musicians' songs on a "talent show," he wouldn't make it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,297 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Gutted Andy went out tbh :( liked his banter with Kian and he was pretty good singer, hope Ray wins now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Ah Crap, Andy got knocked out. Saw him play a few gigs in Amsterdam and he really was awesome.

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2013/0405/voiceofireland

The singers and songs for Sunday are:

Team Jamelia
    Dylan Powell, (19), Galway - Bastille Pompeii

Keith Hanley, (19), Cork - Mary Mary Shackles

Team Kian
    Shane McLaughlin, (28), Donegal - The Zutons Valerie

Kelly Mongan, (18), Cork - Elton John Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word

Team Sharon
    Tammy Browne, (30), Kildare - Katy Perry I Kissed a Girl

Aoife McLoughlin, (29), Limerick - Alicia Keys Girl on Fire

Team Bressie
    Katy Anna Mohan, (18), Louth - Muse Starlight

Andrew Mann, (33), Dublin - INXS Never Tear Us Apart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Can't wait to hear Andrew Mann!

I think Dylan might butcher the Bastille song, use to be a fan but he seems to come across like he doesn't give a sh*t. Kelly Mongan, l like her but l think thats such a predictable song to give her. Tammy Browne, nice girl, good voice but l don't get her...l think the judges were right saying they don't know "who she is", another bad song choice imo, won't do her any favors. Shane McLaughlin....hot...... but hes boring!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,316 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

McFly are a talented bunch - the lot of them have way better voices than Bressie anyway - wouldn't be hard though I suppose :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

a coup of sorts having a decent act on!

• Advertisement

I never actually realised they were this good - I always liked their songs but never really heard them live

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

always thought they were class,
    seem to have fallen off the map though,
    i dont know who their demographic would be now as "former" hearthrobs!

srm23 wrote: »
    always thought they were class,
    seem to have fallen off the map though,
    i dont know who their demographic would be now as "former" hearthrobs!

I'd be their groupie anyway :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Hated McFly when they first came out, always thought they tryed to be the new Busted, but l like them now,few catchy tunes! plus Dannys fine :D

Aoife McLaughlin is good :) very nervous still though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭The Road Runner

Not bad. Her ring looks like the thing superman landed on earth in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭dcmm

Aoife did well,she's improving with each performance:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭muckisluck

Nothing like getting a sob story in to garner a few extra votes.

You can feel her nerves though - like the coaches said, she needs to calm down

Is any coach singing with all their acts tonight like Jamelia did last week?

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is any coach singing with all their acts tonight like Jamelia did last week?

Jamelia sang with her acts? I never saw that!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭annapanna

muckisluck wrote: »
    Nothing like getting a sob story in to garner a few extra votes.
    Yes, really unneccessary to tell the nation her mother's business. Crass

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 425 ✭✭Dreamertime

Is she shagging Aiden Fitzmaurice?

leahyl wrote: »
    Jamelia sang with her acts? I never saw that!

Yep :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭dcmm

Pity about his cold sore he got in Coppers,GROSS::mad: don't want to know about his real or imaginary sex life:(

Did I hear that right that Tammy is going out with the Kerry football manager? I looked him up and it says that he's married!

Andrew isn't too bad best so far tonight imo

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭annapanna

Kathryn looking a bit rough under all that orange make up

Effortless for Andrew. I'd give him an 8. One point docked for ridiculous hat :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

coach not manager i think

Advertisement