Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voice of Ireland (Season 2)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

John was so much better than Shane :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Small town voting, these type shows never work in a country this small.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭The Road Runner

Back to being a ninja in Sin City for this fella. Should have gone through. Lol @ shane and keith. The donegal and gay vote obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭dcmm

SHANE THE AWFUL !!:( :eek: Kelly the out of tuner, Shannon the great! phew! KEITH the average:eek: AW! Sharon get a grip,no fear of him, his ego can handle it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I hate parochial voting so much.

If the next Michael Jackson, Paul McCartney or Karen Carpenter entered an RTE competition people most people would still vote for the tone deaf singer from their own county.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭The Road Runner

I'd like to say it's just a matter of going through the motions for Shannon to win at this stage, but I wouldn't be surprised if any of them win it now

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Cosmo2013

This IS the, this IS the voice....Really????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I wonder will Kelly's songs be recorded during the week in case she goes into labour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

How many people actually text to vote on this thing? I know I don't care enough about it to bother but there obviously are some people who do so how the hell did that Keith lad get through before the little lad with the glasses? Mad.

It'd be funny if it wasn't so upsetting for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

Christ it's like driving over a rabbit with a steamroller..

Brilliant! Its actually made the whole sadistic experience worthwhile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭muckisluck

darlett wrote: »
    Brilliant! Its actually made the whole sadistic experience worthwhile.
    You are just too cruel:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

My theory is that because Shane is being criticised, the public - and not necessarily just the Donegal public - are motivated to vote for him. This always happens on these types of shows - if the judges come across as harsh, some viewers will vote for the perceived victim.

If Bressie, Sharon, and Jamelia wanted rid of Shane - they should have said 'that's a lovely performance', and left it at that.

Personally I'm surprised that Keith got through this weekend, after a very disappointing performance. I think he's the one who has got the supporters voting for him, no matter what.

I hope Kelly wins....ah sure, why not...she might even do a duet with the new baby next week...

I think it's time RTE gave up on the Talent Shows. They have been doing them since Popstars in 2002 with diminishing returns.

The local voting makes a joke of it, and the production values always look cheap compared to the likes of The X Factor.

They should bring back Cabin Fever, the one where the boat sank and all the contestants nearly drowned. That was genuinely exciting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hope Shane wins the damn thing now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Skid X wrote: »

If the next Michael Jackson, Paul McCartney or Karen Carpenter entered an RTE competition people most people would still vote for the tone deaf singer from their own county.

GOOD!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I wonder will Kelly's songs be recorded during the week in case she goes into labour.

Good question. I have to say that for me she has the best voice. Brave lady when I was that heavily pregnant I just wanted to keep to my bed and hope labour was fast - neither happened!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭donegal11

In fairness donegal isn't that big. Out of everyone complaining on here about Shane going through how many of you actually voted ? If no one votes for the other acts be It Michael Jackson or otherwise it's hardly shane's or his supporters fault

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭muckisluck

donegal11 wrote: »
    In fairness donegal isn't that big. Out of everyone complaining on here about Shane going through how many of you actually voted ? If no one votes for the other acts be It Michael Jackson or otherwise it's hardly shane's or his supporters fault

The lols are all to be had here not by texting to the show. And sure that would cost us too:p

Would you vote for him if he wasn't from Donegal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭donegal11

Would you vote for him if he wasn't from Donegal?

I did't vote for him, but he comes from a village of maybe 300 people so I don't think it's parochial voting that getting him through. I'd say the fact that he's a decent looking fella rather then his voice that's getting him the majority of his votes. You do know that the other Donegal singer was knocked out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Pat D. Almighty

Spudmonkey wrote: »
    Why they don't have this girl singing a Florence and the machine song I don't know. They'd be just right for her.

No they wouldn't.

I did't vote for him, but he comes from a village of maybe 300 people so I don't think it's parochial voting that getting him through. I'd say the fact that he's a decent looking fella rather then his voice that's getting him the majority of his votes. You do know that the other Donegal singer was knocked out?

Not surprising, sure when the two of them were there, they would have split the Donegal vote :)

Parochial Voting exists. RTE made a programme around it called The All Ireland Talent Show. They encouraged viewers to vote for their local contestants.

This show is no better. It's no wonder it is struggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 quasimoron

Watched the UK voice and the talent is far superior, makes ours look pathetic. If the best got through you would not mind but they dont.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Parochial voting is very strong in Ireland.
    Yesterday I got 6 text msgs to vote for Keith because "he is from the area, (about 20 miles away), he is a grand nephew to a neighbour?????? (Turns out to be true)".
    He was on the front page of the weekly local newspaper, and also yesterday one of our TD's put up on Facebook to vote for him, same TD hasn't posted anything on FB in months.
    Replied to one text that I don't vote for any tv shows, reply was "do you want someone else in a different part of the country to win it?" It's the voice of Ireland who cares who wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Star Fish

John was the winner for me from the start, can't believe he didn't make it to the final, he was fantastic last week & got a 10 from Bressie...raging he's gone, not bothered now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 quasimoron

Keith was awful last night, out of tune and weird. John and that young girl should have stayed, Keith and useless Shane out.
    We know Kelly will have the travelling community breaking the bank for her and yes she will win.If she sang like a strangled cat she would still win. The whole thing is a joke, with the talent going out and dross staying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

What I noticed most was the nervousness of all of the contestants. Maybe that accounted for their atrocious performances.

KeLly's voice gave me goosebumps This was despite glitches, which she herself was painfully aware of.

Am rooting for Kelly to win. Wishing her well with her (baby) delivery - which must come first!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I wonder if Kelly has a boy will she name him Kian :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I wonder if Kelly has a boy will she name him Kian :P

Kian Francis Pa Joseph maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Afollower

Kian Francis Pa Joseph maybe?

Didn't you know, sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.:p

Advertisement