Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voice of Ireland (Season 2)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kian Francis Pa Joseph maybe?

Don't forget Christy Paddy :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Only got to watch it tonight and am just in disgust and still shocked that the 2 I thought were real contenders to win (along with Shannon) are gone home! WTF!

Disgraceful.

I hope Shannon wins now even though her voice will eventually get on me tits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

No they wouldn't.

They actually would, she sang one for the first audition and was actually quite good. She hasn't been great since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

I'm still backing Kelly as the winner. Kelly has loads of personality, which I think will take her far. She just is very likeable - as well as having a lovely voice..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭EMTFlynn

I feel sorry for the winner. Another Pat Byrne 5 mins fame and gone. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 quasimoron

To be fair Kelly is one of the better singers and deserves her place in the final but singers just as good or better have left the show. Its embarrassing. Jamelia must be cringing she is involved in it.

Better singers may have left the show, but I don't think any of them would be as memorable as Kelly, were she to leave. She's the "whole package", IMO. She deserves to have career in singing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Taco Chips

Eyepatch wrote: »
    Better singers may have left the show, but I don't think any of them would be as memorable as Kelly, were she to leave. She's the "whole package", IMO. She deserves to have career in singing.

Agreed. Kelly is the right fit. Background, journey, personality and a great voice. She's very root worthy. Wish her all the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2013/0424/thevoice.html

Shannon Murphy (Team Bressie), Keith Hanley (Team Jamelia), Shane McLaughlin and Kelly Mongan (both Team Kian) will contest the final.
    Murphy will sing The Lumineers' Ho Hey; Hanley will sing Madcon's Beggin'; McLaughlin will sing The Frames' Fake and Mongan will sing Elton John's Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word.
    In addition, the contestants will perform together and alongside musical peers.
    All four finalists will sing together on a cover of Owl City and Carly Rae Jepsen's Good Time.
    Royseven's Paul Walsh will duet with Murphy on We Should Be Lovers; Ryan Sheridan will sing Jigsaw with Hanley; Steve Wall of The Stunning will join McLaughlin for a performance of Brewing up a Storm and The Saturdays' Úna Healy will sing with Mongan.
    The Saturdays will also perform their hits Issues and What About Us.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mtjm

Has she had the baby yet? what are the chances of the waters breaking live on air!! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭EMTFlynn

Was wondering that myself. I bet she won't be there to perform on sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

What are they going to do if Kelly doesn't give birth soon? Surely she won't be able to perform?

I'm sure they will have recorded her song in advance, in case she can't be there in person. I can see Kelly getting up out of the bed straight after the birth, in order to be on stage though! Hope all goes well for her at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭paudgenator

LizT wrote: »
    What are they going to do if Kelly doesn't give birth soon? Surely she won't be able to perform?

On Ryan Tubridy's radio show a couple of weeks ago, Kian said Kelly must perform live on the show or be disqualified...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

I think it's fair to say that, much as it was a disgrace that both Shane and Keith made the final, it was no less predictable than water being wet... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

No real surprise, either, that Kelly also got through. In fact, both Paddy Power and Ladbrokes currently have her down as the odds-on favourite to win:

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/novelty-betting/tv-specials/voice-of-ireland

http://sports.ladbrokes.com/en-ie/tv,-film-and-radio/the-voice-of-ireland/2013-the-voice-of-ireland-e216830212

If any of these three won, though, then - again - water being wet... :rolleyes:

Skid X wrote: »
    I think it's time RTE gave up on the Talent Shows. They have been doing them since Popstars in 2002 with diminishing returns.

The local voting makes a joke of it, and the production values always look cheap compared to the likes of The X Factor.

It may not be in the same mould as Popstars, You're A Star, the All-Ireland Talent Show and VOI - but The Hit, from last year's first series of Format Farm pilots, looked good.

I actually hope it gets picked up to replace VOI, even if that's probably too high a hope.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Hope Shane wins the damn thing now

Is this reverse psychology? :D:D;);)

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    http://www.rte.ie/ten/2013/0424/thevoice.html

Shannon Murphy (Team Bressie), Keith Hanley (Team Jamelia), Shane McLaughlin and Kelly Mongan (both Team Kian) will contest the final.
    Murphy will sing The Lumineers' Ho Hey; Hanley will sing Madcon's Beggin'; McLaughlin will sing The Frames' Fake and Mongan will sing Elton John's Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word.
    In addition, the contestants will perform together and alongside musical peers.
    All four finalists will sing together on a cover of Owl City and Carly Rae Jepsen's Good Time.
    Royseven's Paul Walsh will duet with Murphy on We Should Be Lovers; Ryan Sheridan will sing Jigsaw with Hanley; Steve Wall of The Stunning will join McLaughlin for a performance of Brewing up a Storm and The Saturdays' Úna Healy will sing with Mongan.
    The Saturdays will also perform their hits Issues and What About Us.

I doubt that I'm the only one who thinks that the only way this can be more interesting than the snooker, or even watching paint dry, is if Kelly's waters break... :o:o:D:D;);)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭muckisluck

Any news from Kelly? will she be singing tomorrow night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

muckisluck wrote: »
    Any news from Kelly? will she be singing tomorrow night?

Still nothing stirring, according to her Facebook page, posted at about 7pm tonight ...
    Me rehersen in the helix 2 day with only one more day untill the final and 4days over due my bby hopefully ill last another day. every1 please vote for me 2 moro night im voice 2 so text voice 2 to 53125. Thanks xxxxxxxx

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kelly-McDonagh-Mongan-The-Voice-of-Ireland/425035670915500?fref=ts

486739_444176819001385_1772143503_n.jpg

That would be a shame if she was ruled out at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭dcmm

It's not unusual for 1st babies to go up to 14 days past their due date! All depends on date of 1st scan, regularity of woman's cycle,various other factors....So she may go on to show and perform,so let's see.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I know it's HIGHLY unlikely that this would happen, but just imagine if Kelly's waters broke while she was singing. Fair play to her for going ahead with all this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I know it's HIGHLY unlikely that this would happen, but just imagine if Kelly's waters broke while she was singing. Fair play to her for going ahead with all this.

I think it's very risky for RTE... I cant imagine this would have happened in the UK, as they would be worried that they would be held responsible if anything went wrong with the pregnancy.. Is there any precedent for this in another of the other international shows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Well, with 10 minutes to go to the start of the show, she's still the odds-on favourite to win...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭The Road Runner

Like to see...

Kelly win it, because she has been pretty solid through the show
    Shannon win it, because she really wants to win
    Shane win it, for the voting farce in motion and the lols
    Keith win it, same as above

Out of the four above I can only really see Kelly having any sort of lasting career, even if it means being a backing singer or something along the lines of Mary Byrne. As someone mentioned before Shannons voice might become a bit annoying if we heard too much of her but I'm sure she will find work somewhere in the music business. Shane will probably be able to gig bars out of the exposure he has got (I think he already does).
    Can't really see Keith getting much in the line of singing work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

God this is awful :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I know you're not gonna believe this, but as soon as Shane started singing my Saorview box crashed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭The Road Runner

It's always a bad time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Yer man Keith always looks like he's trying to sing with a hairbrush in front of a mirror

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

None of these people can sing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

All I can do is laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Diana Ross and the Supremes were the inspiration for Katherine's dress.

Diana+Ross++The+Supremes++Mary+Wilson+s.jpg

Advertisement