Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help

• 26-08-2012 7:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46

Hi all,
    I'm at my wits end really been trying to lose weight for years with ww but it never seems to work for me. I'm obese that's all I'll say and need to do something about it for health reasons. Now my problem with ww is that I use all my points and track but I use it all on the wrong things eg 6 packets of velvet crunch cause Ahh sure it's only 12 points! And I can't deal with the class anymore it's the same thing every week

So I'm wondering if anyone has any advice for me. What can I do. Where can I go? I'm done with ww and slimming world etc.

I was looking into motivation weight loss but I don't know how I feel about it

Any help or advice is much appreciated x

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

Hihello wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I'm at my wits end really been trying to lose weight for years with ww but it never seems to work for me. I'm obese that's all I'll say and need to do something about it for health reasons. Now my problem with ww is that I use all my points and track but I use it all on the wrong things eg 6 packets of velvet crunch cause Ahh sure it's only 12 points! And I can't deal with the class anymore it's the same thing every week

So I'm wondering if anyone has any advice for me. What can I do. Where can I go? I'm done with ww and slimming world etc.

I was looking into motivation weight loss but I don't know how I feel about it

Any help or advice is much appreciated x

In your case and many other cases, weight watchers et al are not healthy ways of eating and are unsustainable ways of dieting. They don't support keeping off the bodyfat once it has been lost. Instead of a quick dietary fix, what you need is a sustainable lifestyle change, and you will be much better off and healthy :)

Next time you go shopping, fill your basket with:
    • Vegetables. Go for a variety of them. If costs are an issue, buy frozen mixed bags :)
    • Meat - any and all kinds. Pork, beef, lamb, chicken, etc.
    • Seafood - salmon, prawns, cod, etc.
    • Eggs!
    • Oils - butter, coconut oil, olive oil, animal fats.
    • Spices - any will do. Nice for flavour!

It's essentially the paleo way of eating. Stay away from anything processed. Stay away from refined sugary snacks/foods. Avoid glutenous/wheat/corn laden foods. Nuts are okay as long as you're at a comfortable weight because they are very calorie dense. Starchy foods like sweet potato, yam, white rice, potato, cassava, etc. - only if you're at a comfortable bodyfat level.

Cook everything in butter/animal fat/coconut oil. Fat is GOOD for you :) nothing nicer than rashers, eggs, asparagus cooked in coconut oil with some avocado for breakfast. I guarantee you, you won't be hungry for a long time afterwards :)

Moderate/high fat, moderate protein, low carb. Ideally, try to stay under 50g of carbs a day to enter ketosis, ie. your body using fat as its main source of energy instead of carbohydrates. It's the body's preferred energy, and will help shed fat in no time. The coconut oil will come in handy here too - it gets used very fast by the body for energy, similar to a carbohydrate and a lot healthier with a host of other benefits (google for a bigger list!).

Meal frequency does not matter, nor does meal timing. Calorie counting isn't essential with a paleo way of eating but if you want to have peace of mind, try My Fitness Pal!

Good luck to you :)

Advertisement