Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New PC build

Options
  • 26-08-2012 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I was looking into buying a new pc when I stumbled across a few posts of people offering advice on a new build so I taught I would see what they could do for me. I was looking at getting this [url][/url] but if someone could suggest a self build with better spec i would be tempted.

1. What is your budget? Max €750

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Mainly playing football manager so a graphics cards is not hugely important more processing power

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No

5. Do you need a monitor? No

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? No

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? No

8. How can you pay? Credit Card

9. When are you purchasing? A month or two

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? I should be okey building it myself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Ciaran988 wrote: »
    I was looking into buying a new pc when I stumbled across a few posts of people offering advice on a new build so I taught I would see what they could do for me. I was looking at getting this [url][/url] but if someone could suggest a self build with better spec i would be tempted.

1. What is your budget? Max €750

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Mainly playing football manager so a graphics cards is not hugely important more processing power

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No

5. Do you need a monitor? No

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? No

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? No

8. How can you pay? Credit Card

9. When are you purchasing? A month or two

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? I should be okey building it myself.

Item|Price
    Intel Core i3-2120 Box, LGA1155|€111.23
    4GB Corsair XMS3 PC3-12800U CL9|€20.69
    MSI B75MA-P45, Intel B75, mATX, DDR3|€59.84
    XFX DD RADEON 7770 1000M 1GB D5 mDP HDMI DVI|€113.77
    LiteOn iHAS122-18 schwarz SATA|€18.36
    Samsung SSD 830 128GB SATA 6GB's Paper Box|€100.53
    WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 6Gb/s|€61.56
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 450W|€43.01
    BitFenix Shinobi Midi-Tower USB 3.0 black, ohne Netzteil|€53.03
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€601.01

I'd actually recommend AMD Trinity CPUs but they aren't out at the moment.

Feel free to do whatever you want with the remaining money.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ciaran988

Thanks for the quick reply. The link to the desktop I was looking at didn't post for some reason. http://www.computeruniverse.net/en/products/90447411/hp-pavilion-p6-2053de-w7hp64.asp
    Could you tell me if it would be better to have a core i7 or a core i3 or is there any real difference?

Thanks for the quick reply. The link to the desktop I was looking at didn't post for some reason. [URL="[/URL]
    Could you tell me if it would be better to have a core i7 or a core i3 or is there any real difference?

Depends on the situation.

What's the website? Please don't say CustomPC.ie :pac:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Thanks for the quick reply. The link to the desktop I was looking at didn't post for some reason. http://www.computeruniverse.net/en/products/90447411/hp-pavilion-p6-2053de-w7hp64.asp

If you're working with an unlimited budget then an i7 if not you have to balance your components. The difference would not be worth sacrificing the GPU.

Eboggles wrote: »
    Depends on the situation.

What's the website? Please don't say CustomPC.ie :pac:.

No the computer I was looking at was a HP Pavilion for computeruniverse.net

Heres the spec = Core i7-2600 4x 3.40 GHz (3.80 GHz Turbo), 8 GB RAM, 1.0 TB HDD
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 530 2.0 GB, DVD Writer
    6x USB 2.0, GB-LAN, 1x HDMI, 2x DVI, 1x VGA
    Midi Tower, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit it costs €729

• Advertisement

No the computer I was looking at was a HP Pavilion for computeruniverse.net

Heres the spec = Core i7-2600 4x 3.40 GHz (3.80 GHz Turbo), 8 GB RAM, 1.0 TB HDD
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 530 2.0 GB, DVD Writer
    6x USB 2.0, GB-LAN, 1x HDMI, 2x DVI, 1x VGA
    Midi Tower, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit it costs €729

My build would be a much more rounded build, and a better buy for less money.

All you need is Windows 7 in the build I posted and you're good to go.

Thanks for the advice. I won't be buying it right now so I may be back in a month or two looking for more advice.

Advertisement