Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of Western Blot test for FIV cat

• 26-08-2012 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭

My cat tested positive for FIV on a basic blood test at the vet's which cost €70. I have read that the tests can produce false positives and the Western Blot test is more conclusive. Just wondering if anyone knows how much this test costs. Going to the vet tomorrow but wondering if I'll be able to afford the test. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

I don't know how much that is, but most vets will let you pay off a hefty bill over a period of time.
    A friend had a happy flv cat, (unfortunately i have not seen her in years, just rem cat seemed normal and was kept indoors)
    I hope it was a false positive in your case though, best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭angeline

@Zef Thanks for that. I would give anything for it to be a false positive. This cat means the world to me and I would do anything for her. Obviously I have money for the vet tomorrow but don't know if I have enough to cover this test and I really want to get it done. That would be great if the vet gave me a couple of weeks to pay it. I'm working so that wouldn't be a problem.

Advertisement