Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Final Tickets - Where To Get Them?

Options
  • 26-08-2012 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to buy tickets for the final online or via the ticket office in Dublin? I live in Dublin so I wouldn't be able to get tickets through a club or whatever.

Was at the semi finals today and what an atmosphere it was!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,621 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Two words, gold and dust.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

No hope. You would need to know someone with a bit of pull in a club and even at that......

bohsboy wrote: »
    No hope. You would need to know someone with a bit of pull in a club and even at that......

If there was any justice it would be only the members of local clubs and people who go to as many Donegal games as they can who would be getting tickets, but as always, we will see the usual squad of bandwagoners at the Final, despite maybe their last game being 1992.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,100 ✭✭✭✭muffler

NIMAN wrote: »
    If there was any justice it would be only the members of local clubs and people who go to as many Donegal games as they can who would be getting tickets, but as always, we will see the usual squad of bandwagoners at the Final, despite maybe their last game being 1992.
    How did you know I was there in '92? :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

That's what season tickets are for, reward the non-band wagoners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭jonnygee

Well you do have to bring in a new generation of supporters and if going to the final hooks them for future seasons then good luck to anyone who can get a ticket even if it,s the first match the have attended.

PLease note, although I might bitch about bandwagoners, if anyone has a spare ticket I will gladly take it off them!

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭skydish79

Yeah cant see why the gaa dont introduce a loyalty card - the more matches you go to , you build up points towards the big games

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Only way you MAY get lucky is if Mayo beat Dublin next week, if the Dubs win then you ain't gonna have a hope

scudzilla wrote: »
    Only way you MAY get lucky is if Mayo beat Dublin next week, if the Dubs win then you ain't gonna have a hope

Do GAA tickets not get allocated equally between both sets of fans?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

No need to panic. there will be a ticket for everyone that wants to be there, wait and see. Croker holds 83,000 now, a far cry from 1992.
    we are in the middle of a recession.!
    even at the rugby world cup in NZ the organisers could'nt fill the stadiums for All-Blacks games.
    There will be a lot of ****e talked in the next few weeks regarding tickets, Joe Duffey might even have a special programme.!! seen it all before.
    Nobody will be disappointed come the final.;)

There were plenty of Donegal fans there today for a county that is meant to be getting hit hard by this so-called recession.

I'm sure most of the Donegal fans there today will want to be at the Final too, then add in the rest.

I think it wil be tough to get tickets. I guess that SuperValu won't be selling them to the general public like they did for all the other games?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

There were plenty of Donegal fans there today for a county that is meant to be getting hit hard by this so-called recession.

I'm sure most of the Donegal fans there today will want to be at the Final too, then add in the rest.

I think it wil be tough to get tickets. I guess that SuperValu won't be selling them to the general public like they did for all the other games?

A sign up in my local SuperValu saying All Ireland Final tickets will not be on sale in store, only from local clubs and the gaa

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭sob1467

They are probably going to be very hard to get. I think that a few tickets go to clubs all around the country so if you have contacts in clubs down the country go for it. Really regret not re-joining local club this year, have used Super Valu every match so far.

Also there will probably be touts selling them outside Croke Park on the day but I'd say at very inflated prices. The only hope we really have is if Mayo win in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

For ease of getting a ticket, it would be great if Mayo beat Dublin. For bragging purposes, it would be great to beat Kerry, Cork and Dublin to win Sam.:cool:

Its time to start making contact with all those people who may know someone who knows someone who gets their milk delivered by a guy who knows the postman who delivers to the guy who cleans the gutters of the other guy who has some pull at the local club.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

For ease of getting a ticket, it would be great if Mayo beat Dublin.

I'd say the opposite. Mayo, like Donegal, don't get there that often. Dublin, on the evidence of 1992, don't have as dedicated a following. If it a dry day their fans decide to drop into Croke Park if there isn't a decent premiership match on TV, often only arriving after the match has started. They know nothing about spending weeks saving and planning for a trip.
    They aren't as resourceful at getting tickets from any and everywhere. Every GAA club in the country gets two tickets and the last time every one of them ended up in Donegal, along with a quite a few allocated to Dublin clubs.

Many of the Donegal fans there yesterday were children and students, and it was great to see them there but few of them will be back in September. There are no reduced fee tickets for the final making it too expensive for a family day out even if you could get the tickets.

Tickets will be €75 apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭overshoot

echo beach wrote: »
    Every GAA club in the country gets two tickets and the last time every one of them ended up in Donegal, along with a quite a few allocated to Dublin clubs.
    id already text everyone i knew before leaving croker!
    That's what season tickets are for, reward the non-band wagoners.
    in fairness they arent going to work for everyone, i had my final year of college and never left dublin (no car either which wouldnt help) the only non championship game i got to was dublin because it was on my doorstep. (also missed cavan as it was the weekend before my final ever hand up)other years i usually get to mckenna cup games u21s, league but its worth **** to me now!
    also pissed i didnt join the club when i got back home... damn dodgy knee put me off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

<SNIP>

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

<SNIP>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Some info from the County Secretary on the current situation re. tickets.

http://www.highlandradio.com/2012/08/28/donegal-county-board-and-gaa-clubs-to-be-allocated-13500-tickets/

I have tidied up a couple of posts and just a reminder to everyone that the topic is tickets for the final....nothing else. If you want to post comments about other matters then use the GAA forum. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

skydish79 wrote: »
    Yeah cant see why the gaa dont introduce a loyalty card - the more matches you go to , you build up points towards the big games

http://www.gaa.ie/tickets-and-merchandise/tickets/gaa-ticket-packages/

Doesnt give you chance of getting tickets to all ireland

You could attend every single match up until all ireland and not get a ticket, while somebody who didnt attend one match has the same chance as you of getting an all ireland ticket

Doesnt give you chance of getting tickets to all ireland

You could attend every single match up until all ireland and not get a ticket, while somebody who didnt attend one match has the same chance as you of getting an all ireland ticket

Yes it does. I know people who got then with it last year
    http://www.gaa.ie/tickets-and-merchandise/tickets/gaa-season-ticket/qualifying-for-all-ireland-tickets/

Were their county involved in the all ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭GoldenGreen

They have that system in place in the Season Tickets, if you have 60% attendance in leauge and Championship you are garanteed your all ireland ticket

They have that system in place in the Season Tickets, if you have 60% attendance in leauge and Championship you are garanteed your all ireland ticket

Does it depend on your county getting into the all ireland,

Like if you went to all 60% of louth's league and championship games, but they didnt get to the All Ireland - would you still get a ticket for the all Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

Like if you went to all 60% of louth's league and championship games, but they didnt get to the All Ireland - would you still get a ticket for the all Ireland?

No, itd probably mean allocating 20000 odd tickets for neutral season ticket holders. Would make the ticket scramble even worse than usual

• Advertisement

Well if your county isn't in the final you are rightly well down the list. After clubs in each country and season ticket holders. You're season ticket is for your county.

Advertisement