Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Final Tickets - Where To Get Them?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭skydish79

Well if your county isn't in the final you are rightly well down the list. After clubs in each country and season ticket holders. You're season ticket is for your county.

Yeah if your lucky enough that your county has a chance of getting to the all ireland.

I would go to a lot more matches than just my own county, while somebody who might not have attended a single match but whose county is strong and gets to the all ireland has a better chance of getting a ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Been lucky to get tickets the last few times we got to the final,in 09 I picked one up the day before the match in Dublin, traveled in hope of getting one and thankfully I did,try everything ye can to get tickets,enter club draws and any other draws that will be taking place,plague people that are involved in your local club,anyone on the club committee gets first refusal on a ticket,well that's the way it worked down here anyway,also if you know anyone involved in a GAA club abroad chance them as well.

Best of luck in the search for tickets and best of luck in the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

GastroBoy wrote: »

what extras do you get for that?

400 quid, jesus

oh and the GF just texted 13,000 tickets allocated to Donegal

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

danniemcq wrote: »
    [

400 quid, jesus

What extras? Not sure to be honest, but for that kind of money I'd expect to sitting on Jim's lap watching the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,100 ✭✭✭✭muffler

skydish79 wrote: »
    Does it depend on your county getting into the all ireland,

Like if you went to all 60% of louth's league and championship games, but they didnt get to the All Ireland - would you still get a ticket for the all Ireland?
    Seems like you will be entered into a draw - linky

• Registered Users Posts: 46,100 ✭✭✭✭muffler

GastroBoy wrote: »
    danniemcq wrote: »

400 quid, jesus

According to all official sources the allocation wont be decided until next Monday so Im not sure where people are getting the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Forget this corporate bullsh*t or allocating a load of clubs around the country tickets, if right was right each county in the final would be allocated 30,000 tickets and the remainder put on general sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭overshoot

muffler wrote: »
    According to all official sources the allocation wont be decided until next Monday so Im not sure where people are getting the info.
    galway hurlers recieved 12,500 why would the football allocation be different?
    deccurley wrote: »
    Forget this corporate bullsh*t or allocating a load of clubs around the country tickets, if right was right each county in the final would be allocated 30,000 tickets and the remainder put on general sale.
    and dont forget the minors... meath and then kerry/dublin...

in fairness this post describes the lot, plenty who deserve to be taken care off... but there should be some sort of a stub system to give non season ticket holders a chance

fook me anyway... should have got the season ticket after looking at mufflers post... would have been one away... im sure i would have edged one in somewhere if i had it:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭henke

Gonna be very hard to get tickets. Have been to every game this year so far but already hearing stories about people who don't go to games but are well connected getting their final ticket sorted. That really frustrates me :(.

I wonder up to how much they could cost if buying them off donedeal, adverts etc? And anyone think there will be many available this way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Tully86

I would guess the prices for tickets that land on donedeal would be a huge price. Unfortunatly the touts always seem to get a share from somewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,621 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

13000 tickets for Donegal is shocking for a stadium that holds 84000, considering they took about 40000 to the semi too.

Is there any sport in the world where tickets are allocated fairly?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

NIMAN wrote: »
    13000 tickets for Donegal is shocking for a stadium that holds 84000, considering they took about 40000 to the semi too.

Yes, GAA, where season ticket holders get rewarded.Bandwagoners have to take their chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

could comforably fit the crowd from the cavan/derry games... close enough the tyrone one in that allocation...

ulster and leinster got 7.5k each for the heinekin cup final although tickets were on general sale also... twickenham is pretty much the same size as croker so rugby aint great either!

overshoot wrote: »
    could comforably fit the crowd from the cavan/derry games... close enough the tyrone one in that allocation...

ulster and leinster got 7.5k each for the heinekin cup final although tickets were on general sale also... twickenham is pretty much the same size as croker so rugby aint great either!

I know that, hence the question.

I have been at plenty of big football games too where the fans don;t get enough tickets.

I just feel that with a lot of sports, the genuine fans support the teams all the way to the final, but then the final is taken over for corporate reasons and the tickets go to the wrong places.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭frankled

skydish79 wrote: »
    Yeah cant see why the gaa dont introduce a loyalty card - the more matches you go to , you build up points towards the big games

That's what the season ticket is for.
    echo beach wrote: »
    I'd say the opposite. Mayo, like Donegal, don't get there that often. Dublin, on the evidence of 1992, don't have as dedicated a following. If it a dry day their fans decide to drop into Croke Park if there isn't a decent premiership match on TV, often only arriving after the match has started. They know nothing about spending weeks saving and planning for a trip.
    They aren't as resourceful at getting tickets from any and everywhere. Every GAA club in the country gets two tickets and the last time every one of them ended up in Donegal, along with a quite a few allocated to Dublin clubs.

Many of the Donegal fans there yesterday were children and students, and it was great to see them there but few of them will be back in September. There are no reduced fee tickets for the final making it too expensive for a family day out even if you could get the tickets.

I'm from Dublin, I could say a lot to this, but I'll resist with a rolleyes :rolleyes:

Anyway, I agree with the point made that you should want Mayo to beat us on Sunday. Dubs generally have great difficulty getting tickets for finals, like the rest of the country of course, but last year it was to the extent that if you didn't know some club-member lucky enough to get one in a random county other than the 2-4 in the final, or if you weren't a season-ticket holder, you were screwed. Usual sources in Dublin getting huge numbers were getting only a few. It was awful. The capacity of Croker is 82,300; the attendance? Precisely 82,300. Usually one soul might miss it etc, but Dublin/Kerry, the first final for the capital in 16 years, was huge. I entered 6 competitions in desperation, was on DoneDeal/Adverts constantly and got nowhere, and only at the very very last minute on the day got two seperate tickets. Thank god I saw the sense to get a season ticket.

Start looking now anyway, put your name out to anybody who'll listen, after Sunday it'll get tough, moreso if we're facing ye I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭frankled

I should add that Dubs get tickets, there's no problem there. What I meant is that demand skyrockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

Is it possible to get tickets for the all ireland hurling final in Donegal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

I may be wrong but I think all counties get a certain allocation of tickets for both finals.

I'd imagine that the vast majority of hurling tickets that were allocated to Donegal have been/will be swapped with Galway clubs in return for football tickets.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

If you can get hold of football tickets to swap for them you should have no problem.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

So now Mayo are in the final, are there any going on General Sale? Or still all through clubs?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

So now Mayo are in the final, are there any going on General Sale? Or still all through clubs?

AI final tickets do not go on general sale.

(maybe when Leitrim meet London they will)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

ah sure it'll be half empty now the dubs aren't there, people will be giving them away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

srm23 wrote: »
    ah sure it'll be half empty now the dubs aren't there, people will be giving them away.

Doubtful.

Neeson wrote: »
    Doubtful.
    your sarcasm detector fails you!

srm23 wrote: »

Probably said with tongue firmly in cheek, but untrue.

They are like gold dust up here. I know hardened GAA followers who have gone to many games for years and they can't get them.

I spoke to a prominent businessman I know who would have a lot of contacts, "not a hope" was his reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭fluff_daddy

Best bet is outside of the participating counties ya would think

• Advertisement

worth trying every avenue you have (iv been asking people from dublin, westmeath, roscommon etc)! but even that is tough all the same... clubs only get a few and they are often raffled off.

Advertisement