Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Final Tickets - Where To Get Them?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,621 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

For me this is a weakness in the GAA ticketing operation.

When each county are only getting 13,500 for a 82000+ stadium, I would do away with the policy of giving 2 (or 4?) tickets to every GAA club in the country. Reallocate all these to the 2 finalists.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

There was a GAA club from Tyrone on the streets of Letterkenny on Sat night selling tickets for a raffle. Guesss what the 1st prize was?!

I think they were €5 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

NIMAN wrote: »

When each county are only getting 13,500 for a 82000+ stadium, I would do away with the policy of giving 2 (or 4?) tickets to every GAA club in the country. Reallocate all these to the 2 finalists.

How about those people from Donegal and Mayo who no longer live in these counties but live in other counties and are members of clubs outside of Donegal and Mayo?

The system isn't perfect and no system will be. But it's been in place for many years and the issues Donegal (and Mayo) face are the same as has been faced by every other County in the past.

overshoot has the right idea - people who want a ticket and won't get one directly from a club need to ask anyone and everyone to know/meet about getting a ticket. Ireland is still a small country and most people should have contacts who are involved in the GAA in some respect. If not,
    think about getting involved yourself.

salonfire wrote: »
    There was a GAA club from Tyrone on the streets of Letterkenny on Sat night selling tickets for a raffle. Guesss what the 1st prize was?!

I think they were €5 each.

Yeah, I've seen a lot of this going on - not surprising really, clubs everywhere are in need of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭overshoot

Try www.retrogaa.com they might have some left in stock if you're lucky.
    i was going to send that link to him but it showed as out of stock

Donegal Club ticket allocation

St Eunans 712
    Naomh Columba 494
    Ardara 476
    Four Masters 446
    Dungloe 434
    Malin 429
    Killybegs 426
    Kilcar 422
    Buncrana 409
    Cloughaneely 396
    Glenswilly 392
    Glenfin 382
    Naomh Conaill 381
    St Michaels 368
    Carndonagh 361
    Moville 331
    Gweedore 325
    St Nauls 320
    Naomh Mhuire 308
    Aodh Ruadh 302
    Lettekenny Gaels 284
    Sean MacCumhaill 282
    Urris 266
    Milford 264
    Robert Emmetts 261
    Fanad 256
    Termon 253
    Bundoran 251
    Naomh Brid 248
    Convoy 247
    Naomh Padraig Muff 239
    Burt 224
    NaomhUltan 205
    Downings 201
    Red Hughs 191
    Naomh Padraig Lifford 181
    Naomh Colmcille 151
    Na Rossa 149
    Pettigo 95

Total 12362

who do we know from glen?... kinda suprised they are so high

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭foggy

overshoot wrote: »
    who do we know from glen?... kinda suprised they are so high

I would imagine they would have ordered a lot of tickets for all the games through the club.. they don't have a Supervalu or Centra there to order them through so that would have affected the allocation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

foggy wrote: »
    I would imagine they would have ordered a lot of tickets for all the games through the club.. they don't have a Supervalu or Centra there to order them through so that would have affected the allocation.
    If a club gets less tickets due to their locals buying tickets through Super Value/Centra, I'd imagine next year wont be as successful for those shops selling tickets as the club will likely push all its members to buy through the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭AngelaG

Would be interesting to find out if Glen actually have over 400 members that have paid their membership .....

AngelaG wrote: »
    Would be interesting to find out if Glen actually have over 400 members that have paid their membership .....

Couldn't we ask the same question of any other club?

Or do you have some reason to believe that the situation at Naomh Columba is drastically different to any other club?

Redsoxfan wrote: »

Couldn't we ask the same question of any other club?

Or do you have some reason to believe that the situation at Naomh Columba is drastically different to any other club?

No absolutely but Glen just stood out to me - very rural sparsely populated for to get second highest amount compared to bigger towns in County that's all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

No absolutely but Glen just stood out to me - very rural sparsely populated for to get second highest amount compared to bigger towns in County that's all.

Already mentioned, they have no supervalu r centra so all tickets for games obviously had to be ordered through the club, criteria for allocation was membership and previous orders through the clubs itself... the latter obviously stood them well in the allocation..am just about to ring my long lost cousin in Glen:D

shiibata wrote: »

Already mentioned, they have no supervalu r centra so all tickets for games obviously had to be ordered through the club, criteria for allocation was membership and previous orders through the clubs itself... the latter obviously stood them well in the allocation..am just about to ring my long lost cousin in Glen:D

Good luck they are all allocated already .

Folks keep in mind that according to the County Board said that there were 7,000 adult members in the County after the Semi-Final, so clubs have effectively received nearly twice as many as they need for their members.

And I know for a fact that one club in the County hasn't finalised it's allocation as it is still accepting requests until tomorrow, so I would encourage everyone looking for a ticket to contact your friends/family etc who are club members - if you don't ask, you won't get.

Of course many club members will be looking for more than one ticket for their own family etc.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Absolutely not. There are people all over the country who support GAA year in ,year out and why shuold they not get the chance to go to the finals to appease some bandwagoners??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

Absolutely not. There are people all over the country who support GAA year in ,year out and why shuold they not get the chance to go to the finals to appease some bandwagoners??

MY county are in their first All Ireland final in 20 years. Why should I not a chance to support my home county with passion and gusto in Croke Park, over say someone from the opposite end of the country. I support Donegal every year win or lose. I may not have the financial means to travel to every game they play or be able to be a member of a club in Donegal as I don't live there due to work circumstances.
    I feel very strongly that as many people from Donegal should get to watch the match live in Croke Park as possible. Same way if another county was playing in the final, I would want the same for their people. Thankfully, there seems to be many kind people throughout the country who are willing to give up their club tickets to Donegal and Mayo people.
    Please don't bammy around the word 'bandwagon'. It is a very special occasion for every person in Donegal and Mayo and they deserve a slice of the action.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Who's giving up their ticket? Contact me and I'll buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Donegal Club ticket allocation

St Eunans 712
    Naomh Columba 494
    Ardara 476
    Four Masters 446
    Dungloe 434
    Malin 429
    Killybegs 426
    Kilcar 422
    Buncrana 409
    Cloughaneely 396
    Glenswilly 392
    Glenfin 382
    Naomh Conaill 381
    St Michaels 368
    Carndonagh 361
    Moville 331
    Gweedore 325
    St Nauls 320
    Naomh Mhuire 308
    Aodh Ruadh 302
    Lettekenny Gaels 284
    Sean MacCumhaill 282
    Urris 266
    Milford 264
    Robert Emmetts 261
    Fanad 256
    Termon 253
    Bundoran 251
    Naomh Brid 248
    Convoy 247
    Naomh Padraig Muff 239
    Burt 224 :eek:
    NaomhUltan 205
    Downings 201
    Red Hughs 191
    Naomh Padraig Lifford 181
    Naomh Colmcille 151
    Na Rossa 149
    Pettigo 95

Total 12362

There isnt event that many people from Burt! Are they not mainly a hurling club also?

If you add up all those numbers (I couldn't be bothered) do they come to the 13,500 Donegal allocation?

Basically asking if all the tickets go through clubs?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,100 ✭✭✭✭muffler

If you add up all those numbers (I couldn't be bothered)
    Total 12362
    Keep up at the rear please :D

:o

Tired!!

• Advertisement

If you add up all those numbers (I couldn't be bothered) do they come to the 13,500 Donegal allocation?

The latest allocation number for Donegal was actually 14,700 as far as I know.

So not all tickets appear to go through clubs, but that's not a surprise.

Anyway, not wanting to 'mod' the discussion, but I think that this thread would be more useful for those looking for tickets if people could post hints/suggestions etc. of where to get tickets rather than focusing on the allocation process, which is probably more of a general discussion.

Just my 2c.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

well there is toutless.com

irish based ticket reselling site with nothing allowed over face value.

I have one post in the final thread and have used it before for picnic tickets and never had any troubles (but again you are dealing with other people so be as wary as you should)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭overshoot

can also add this to the full county allocation

Team management & backroom personnel 285
    County Executive 310
    Players 520
    Donegal Creameries 200
    Sponsors / Media 82
    Subcommittees/ Referees, etc 158
    Club Thír Chonaill 260
    1992 Panel 64
    Past County Players 60
    Contingency Tickets 414

with this and the club allocations a grand total of 14,615

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Vorenus

The ticketing system put in place by the GAA is obviously not perfect. No system is perfect. However every club in the country and every club affiliated to the GAA throughout the world should and does get an allocation of tickets. These are used by members of the club to attend the finals themselves or are used by the clubs as a fundraising opportunity and good luck to them i say.

Some people here have said they are not members of clubs because they live outside of the county. Believe me your native local club would gladly welcome your membership whether you live beside the pitch or on the other side of the world.

To those who say they cannot afford membership... on average membership for a club in Donegal costs between 30 and 50 for the year. Not a huge amount to pay for a local club that provides sporting and cultural facilities for adults and children throughout the county.

It can be frustrating for non members of the GAA to source tickets for All Ireland Finals. Join your local club, volunteer (in any capacity), put the time in and you will be rewarded with tickets if and when Donegal are next in the Final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

Vorenus, as your post was blatantly aimed at me, I will respond by saying YES I said I was not a member of my local club in Donegal but that is not to say I do not support my club financially. I regularly buy lotto tickets which my local club use as a means to fundraise. For example, I was at home for 8 weeks over the summer and spent on average 6e every week buying tickets. You can do the maths here.
    In my work capacity, I give up two hours every week after school to help train and support my school's GAA teams.
    Please don't jump the gun and make judgements based on the fact I'm not a member of a club.
    All I would like to see is as many people from Donegal and Mayo afforded the opportunity to see their home county in action in Croke Park. It's not often it happens and would be an amazing ooccasion.

Its simple folks, no matter what way the tickets are allocated there are going to be disappointed fans on both sides.

Donegal probably had 30000 - 35000 at the semi. I'm sure every single one of them would love to be at the final. Add in those who would also want to go to the final on top of that. Then add in what many refer to the bandwagoners, who also want to go (whether you think they deserve it or not). Add in those who live in the UK, Europe or further afield who would come home for a final but maybe not a quarter or semi.

And the same applies in Mayo too.

The final could sell out Croke Park twice over, so whatever way its done, you are going to see people pissed off about missing it. Thats the nature of big sporting events I'm afraid, and tbh I do think the way the GAA allocate tickets is a whole lot fairer than the way soccer associations do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

There isnt event that many people from Burt! Are they not mainly a hurling club also?

burt covers a bigger area than you think. fahan, tooban, inch, burnfoot, bridgend, and then up pass the burt pitch.

i know at each underage level they can have up to 20 kids out for football.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

Do you expect them to wait for Donegal to get the hurling final before they are allowed a day out?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Vorenus

My post was not aimed at anyone in particular. Membership of any organisation/club grants unto that member rights and privileges that are not available to non members.

A member of the GAA anywhere in the world has a chance of getting an All Ireland ticket because they have joined the organisation. I think this is a fantastic thing.

I know all about selling club lotto's believe me. Fair play to you for buying them, it is probably the biggest fund raiser for clubs in Donegal. Also your post says that you are involved in training a school GAA team. 2700 tics are allocated every year (2 per school who applies i have been informed) to schools throughout the country for those who put time in at schools level. It would appear that you would have at the very least a shout on these tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

So anyways! I managed to get hold of two tickets for the final through a contact I had who is in contact with the GAA offices or something where they regularly allocate 12 tickets of every game to those who are Deaf :)

Paid €80 each for the ticket, in Row C, so quite near the front, would like to be up at the back but I'm just glad I got some tickets! Giving one of the tickets to my Dad who's birthday is on the same day, so I reckon when (note the when) Donegal win, it'll be the best birthday present ever!

Advertisement