Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Final Tickets - Where To Get Them?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

That's the way to do it! Fair play to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,621 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

So anyways! I managed to get hold of two tickets for the final through a contact I had who is in contact with the GAA offices or something where they regularly allocate 12 tickets of every game to those who are Deaf :)

Paid €80 each for the ticket, in Row C, so quite near the front, would like to be up at the back but I'm just glad I got some tickets! Giving one of the tickets to my Dad who's birthday is on the same day, so I reckon when (note the when) Donegal win, it'll be the best birthday present ever!

But is this not slightly wrong?

Tickets were meant for someone deaf, yet they aren't going to those people?

Is this fair?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 nympho

County players can apply for two tickets so I have three friends on the county panel and I'll be going with the girlfriend and brother! Love the drive up to Croker on AI day! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

NIMAN wrote: »
    But is this not slightly wrong?

Tickets were meant for someone deaf, yet they aren't going to those people?

Is this fair?

I am Deaf and so is my Dad. :)

nympho wrote: »
    County players can apply for two tickets so I have three friends on the county panel and I'll be going with the girlfriend and brother! Love the drive up to Croker on AI day! :)

Ah I remember driving down from Donegal for a game, was madness seeing all the cars decked out in Donegal flags and beeping at each other! I live in Glasnevin now so only a 20 min walk to Croker but I still get the feeling of excitement that morning when a load of Donegal people start parking in my street (free parking). Have the flag flying from my window already! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

So anyways! I managed to get hold of two tickets for the final through a contact I had who is in contact with the GAA offices or something where they regularly allocate 12 tickets of every game to those who are Deaf :)

Paid €80 each for the ticket, in Row C, so quite near the front, would like to be up at the back but I'm just glad I got some tickets! Giving one of the tickets to my Dad who's birthday is on the same day, so I reckon when (note the when) Donegal win, it'll be the best birthday present ever!

Enjoy the game ya lucky duck ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,621 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I am Deaf and so is my Dad. :)

Apologies, didn't gather that.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭AngelaG

My 14 year old is a club member is there any point him putting his name down?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭overshoot

il change this... just seen one club has sorted all senior and junior members. dont know if all will do this but go for it.... costs nothing to ask! may be a few raffled around junior members

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

overshoot wrote: »
    il change this... just seen one club has sorted all senior and junior members. dont know if all will do this but go for it.... costs nothing to ask! may be a few raffled around junior members

Have heard a good few clubs have done it this way, sorted adult members and under age players first with the rest being put into a hat.
    Will be hard though for the town clubs to give all their under age kids tickets as their going to have big numbers compared to the rural clubs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Nellys sweet shop in town is having a kind of Willy Wonky Golden Ticket kinda thing. They have lucky bags @ €2 each and one of them will have a ticket for the Hogan stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭sob1467

danniemcq wrote: »
    Nellys sweet shop in town is having a kind of Willy Wonky Golden Ticket kinda thing. They have lucky bags @ €2 each and one of them will have a ticket for the Hogan stand.

Ingenious idea to boost business anyway where in town is Nelly's sweet shop?

Think its the one on main street, between the central and market square.

there has been a few sweet shops opening recently but afaik thats the one

actually you'd probably just look for the queue of people on the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,885 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

NIMAN wrote: »
    <snip>
    The final could sell out Croke Park twice over, so whatever way its done, you are going to see people pissed off about missing it. Thats the nature of big sporting events I'm afraid, and tbh I do think the way the GAA allocate tickets is a whole lot fairer than the way soccer associations do it.
    we had the same issues last year for an in demand final, and many argued that tickets should have been sent onto ticketmaster for general sale.

The current distribution system though is paradoxically far fairer than general sale via the internet/ ticket shops.

As it is, of tickets going outside of the participating counties some will get used by neutrals and then 99% of any not being used get passed on through the buddy system to deserving fans based on merit and contacts. Theres a lot of sweat and tears but last year anyone I knew looking to see the game got in to Croke Park and I actually ended up passing up the option on 2 tickets on the Sunday morning that I was pushing hard for to sort out family/ friends from Kerry/ Dublin ! And naturally everyone nearly always pays only face value when geting a ticket from another county.

The alternative is the free market.
    Pile tens of 1000s of tickets onto ticketmaster so the touts (+cynical chancers) have the same chance as the honest fan. You'd end up with the same situation as the champions league last year when tickets from folks every corner of europe were flogging tickets that presumably they never intended to use, but rather acquired for the simple reason of enriching themselves to the detriment of the true fan.

That so few All Ireland tickets end up on ebay etc is actually a testiment to how well the current system works.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,100 ✭✭✭✭muffler

That so few All Ireland tickets end up on ebay etc is actually a testiment to how well the current system works.
    Latest bid on Ebay for a pair of tickets is €770 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

muffler wrote: »
    Latest bid on Ebay for a pair of tickets is €770 :eek:

I love the fact that postage is free.:)

Bidders at that level often aren't 'real' fans but are corporate buyers desperate to impress an important client, not so much with the tickets but with the impression that they can 'deliver the impossible'. Honestly, that sort of madness still goes on.

Internet sites had tickets for the hurling final for €200-300 until the day before when they were at face value or just above, so if you have the nerve hold tight until the last minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

skydish79 wrote: »
    Yeah cant see why the gaa dont introduce a loyalty card - the more matches you go to , you build up points towards the big games

They do - season tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

Shiibata x 4 tickets confirmed today, roll on the 23rd....Tirchonaill abu

Dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit

Chance your arm at the gate in crokerwitj that sure! :P

Chance your arm at the gate in crokerwitj that sure! :P

I've a tenner sunk into these bags already and the sugar rush is making me want more

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭GoldenGreen

the tickets from the season ticket landed today in the post, I am over the moon roll on the 23rd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

I've a tenner sunk into these bags already and the sugar rush is making me want more
    I'm gonna wait till mid week before I bother buying any. My cynical thoughts are saying hes not gonna have a great promo like this and then have the lucky lucky bag sold in the first day or two.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

I'm gonna wait till mid week before I bother buying any. My cynical thoughts are saying hes not gonna have a great promo like this and then have the lucky lucky bag sold in the first day or two.:cool:

Well your cynical thoughts were wrong :pac:
    Aunty Nellie's Letterkenny are delighted to announce that CHRISTINE BURKE from Letterkenny has found the All IRELAND GOLDEN TICKET.
    Congratulations Christine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Does anyone know would all clubs have given out their ticket allocations by now?

I might have a ticket, through a contact who knows someone else in a club down the country.... I haven't seen the actual ticket yet but apparently it's been "booked".

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭AngelaG

Going to head up and see if I can get a ticket that morning . Tips ??? Where is best place to stalk for tickets ??How do ya know if they legit ?? I'm desperate to get one for my son not bothered if I get one as long as he gets one . Been to every game and didn't get one through his club unfortunately .

• Registered Users Posts: 46,100 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Just heard yesterday about a man who has went to every single game and when he went to get one for the final.....he did :).

Thats a nice story and the proper way to do things. Sadly his 9 year old daughter also attended every game with him and she didnt get one. :(

AngelaG wrote: »
    Going to head up and see if I can get a ticket that morning . Tips ??? Where is best place to stalk for tickets ??How do ya know if they legit ?? I'm desperate to get one for my son not bothered if I get one as long as he gets one . Been to every game and didn't get one through his club unfortunately .

Outside Quinns? Corner of Bank of Ireland there opposite it?

Have to be really careful though, big newspaper scandal about black market tickets Bidding war going on ebay at the moment, 2 tickets for €2,020 and still one day left to buy!

Jeez, I better put my tickets under lock and key!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Two tickets went last night for €3168 on eBay. There is talk of genuine anti-touting fans creating eBay accounts just to place false bids which they don't intend to fulfill. The strange thing about that winning bidder is they've 60 previous eBay trades.

Be carefull though as the GAA have cancelled any tickets that are tracked back from touting, a few eBay sellers had the ticket number or barcode shown on their listings. :rolleyes: You wouldn't want to pay big money for a ticket and have it show up as cancelled at the gate!

Advertisement