Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peel Grinder

Options
  • 26-08-2012 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

Was looking at a Waste Disposal Unit today - they aren't the best for the environment of course but then I wondered if such a thing as a peel grinder was available. I want to grind my peelings and other domestic waste to compost it quicker.
    Any thoughts?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

manual grinder;80446905]Hi everyone,

Was looking at a Waste Disposal Unit today - they aren't the best for the environment of course but then I wondered if such a thing as a peel grinder was available. I want to grind my peelings and other domestic waste to compost it quicker.
    Any thoughts?

Thanks[/Quote]
    Food processor maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭karlitob

manual grinder;80446905]Hi everyone,

Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Food processor maybe?[/QUOTE]

How simple! Thanks.

Being a guy who loves gadgets, I wondered if there was a very expensive but ridiculously pointless gadget that would do the same job as the food processor but for twice the price. LOL

Food processor it is1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

karlitob wrote: »
    Food processor maybe?

How simple! Thanks.

Being a guy who loves gadgets, I wondered if there was a very expensive but ridiculously pointless gadget that would do the same job as the food processor but for twice the price. LOL

Food processor it is1
    KitchenAid are, afaik, the Rolls Royce of kitchen appliances, so you can satisfy your urge to spend that way, while making any foodie friends jealous/incredulous when you tell them that you just use it to blend waste products. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i would have thought that pulping it would be a bad idea, as you need a bit of 'structure' to hold air spaces open?

Advertisement