Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

unlocking iphone 4s ??

• 26-08-2012 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

hi , i bought an iphone 4s about six months ago , i am on bill pay with vodafone and was only half way through my contract so i had to pay full wack for it !!
    now i want to unlock it ! i was on vodafone about a month ago and requested the nac code / unlock code .. i got an email a few days later with a pdf file in it showing exactly what to do with step by step instructions ..

i still havent done it for a few reasons , so i said id ask here !!!

it says i have to back up , restore etc , "congratulations your iphone has been unlocked" , then restore from backup of.. then continue , then it says this----"Your iPhone is nowunlocked and has been restored, however you will need to Sync the iPhone withiTunes to re add all your media to the iPhone"

thats simple enough to do anyway...

so im wonderin .
    does itunes store all my contacts ? iknow it will keep music an apps and that kind of stuff..

when i sync after the unlock will everything on my phone be the exact same ?
    like will all the layouts be the same ? would i lose all text messages that are on the phone ? even things like alarm / calander entries / call logs , would they be all reset ??

looking forward to your reply , cheers ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

It should work if you just sync with a different sim in the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

guil wrote: »
    It should work if you just sync with a different sim in the phone

hi , thats something i forgot to put in .. i got a new three/3 micro sim in the shop jus to try and that works in the phone theres no credit on it , but i can ring it and it works no problem...
    but does that mean it will work on any network ?

i see on a few sites on the internet people say you have to do the whole "restore" thing through itunes to get a proper pernament unlock !! ????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

It's unlocked if you can get signal with the three sim. If it was still locked it would say no service in the top left where your signal is displayed

guil wrote: »
    It's unlocked if you can get signal with the three sim. If it was still locked it would say no service in the top left where your signal is displayed

cool , one question though ! how did it manage to get unlocked by itself ha ???

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

NIALL D wrote: »
    cool , one question though ! how did it manage to get unlocked by itself ha ???

Sometimes you don't need to do a restore; mine didn't.

• Advertisement

whiterebel wrote: »
    Sometimes you don't need to do a restore; mine didn't.

im after trying an 02 and a 3 sim in it and they both work along with my vodafone sim so it must be fully unlocked !! happy days ...

handy not having to do a full restore ...:)

Advertisement