Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get quality hay?

• 26-08-2012 8:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good hay supplier for our guinea pigs. We've been using the maxi zoo dust free hay but our pigs seem to be getting hay mites from it a lot lately.

Looked into buying Timothy hay from the UK but its quite expensive.

So any good, dust free, nice and green hay out there? Oh and without mites!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

The only hay i really like is Burgess with dandelion and marigold.

on their website its called Burgess Excel herbage.
    Its great stuff . http://www.burgesspetcare.co.uk/shop/guinea-pig.html

Im in cork and its available in petstop.

If you leave us know your general location someone may be able to suggest something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Thanks, we're in Swords in Dublin. They have the burgess bags here too but they are quite small for the price. We go through about 8-10 kilos a month at the minute. The maxi zoo is €15 for 5 kilos so quite good value.

It may be that we have to bite the bullet and order from uk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Thanks, we're in Swords in Dublin. They have the burgess bags here too but they are quite small for the price. We go through about 8-10 kilos a month at the minute. The maxi zoo is €15 for 5 kilos so quite good value.

It may be that we have to bite the bullet and order from uk.
    Wow how many guinea pigs do you have ??

Sorry i couldnt be more help , the one thing i can say dor the burgess is that i havent had any mite problems since changing to it, and its quality is excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

We only have 4, but they get through a lot. We use hay as bedding for part of their cage. They just love burying under it and snoozing in their little hay tents!

Advertisement