Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounts for Sole Trader

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭jessiejam

Good luck to you. Don't let the parasites get you down!!!! (See they've introduced fines for not paying your LPT on time!).
    Thank you! Parasites are right. Wouldn't issue a tax clearance cert until we paid the household charge either. They have you by the short and curlys no matter what you do.
    Do you know if when you file your tax return online now (confusing enough but better than that 40 page form 11) do you still get a notice of assessment in paper form in the post?
    These people are above the law and seem answerable to no one. If you do complain they can make life very difficult.
    Not blaming the individuals working there but the system makes life so hard for sole traders and small businesses

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

jessiejam wrote: »
    Thank you! Parasites are right. Wouldn't issue a tax clearance cert until we paid the household charge either. They have you by the short and curlys no matter what you do.
    Do you know if when you file your tax return online now (confusing enough but better than that 40 page form 11) do you still get a notice of assessment in paper form in the post?
    These people are above the law and seem answerable to no one. If you do complain they can make life very difficult.
    Not blaming the individuals working there but the system makes life so hard for sole traders and small businesses

In the three/four years I've been filing my returns on line through ROS, I've had no
    correspondence by post. You can view your statements on ROS which shows what you owe/balance is zero which you can print out.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jcon1913

We need a revenue ombudsman to regulate the behavior of officials in tax.

In the three/four years I've been filing my returns on line through ROS, I've had no
    correspondence by post. You can view your statements on ROS which shows what you owe/balance is zero which you can print out.
    So I assume that the statement of net liabilities is as good as a notice of assessment If I needed to show it to someone? Along with the set of accounts finalised by yours truely 😉 As proof of income?

jcon1913 wrote: »
    We need a revenue ombudsman to regulate the behavior of officials in tax.

They have zero empathy when they are chasing you for money regardless of your situation. No wonder some end up in the river. Whether you have 100 employees or 2 it's the same letters same demands. Rediculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

So I assume that the statement of net liabilities is as good as a notice of assessment If I needed to show it to someone? Along with the set of accounts finalised by yours truely 😉 As proof of income?

I've used it as proof of income for a government agency and it passed....

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭roady rhodes

Hi Gloomtastic

Any chance of a copy ?

Much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 42 templeville

Hello Gloomtastic,
    Any chance you could please send me your aco***** template, many thanks.

Advertisement