Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlow Pagans

• 26-08-2012 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

haii y'all. any pagans or wiccans in carlow experienced in rituals and casting circles? I'm just 14 and I'm in need of somebody to talk to about this :D so um if i could email you or something that would be perfect, i just need somebody to ask about this kinda stuff cuz theres alot of people that dont really understand and they say im young and i dont know what I'm doing but trust me I want this so bad and i need somebody to tallk to about this. sorry im rambling on, anyways let me know if i cud get in contact with you
    blessed be
    xxx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭CuAnnan

The first requirement of any of the magical traditions that I have studied is discipline.
    Do you have discipline?

If so, demonstrate it by waiting until you are old enough that you can be apprenticed to a magical tradition without leaving the practitioner who apprentices you open to legal battle. Now, I'd be really worried if any tradition were willing to risk the legal prosecution that could quite easily come from dealing with you, because the well-being of a child is the remit of the parents of that child.

Don't read this as a dismissal. Read it as an earnest suggestion. Experience adolescence for what it is. A mystery that can only be experienced once. Without understanding that mystery, you haven't got a foundation to base the mysteries that the kind of religion you're looking to enter have to offer. Magic doesn't begin outside of your life, and if you try skipping straight to the adult parts, not only are you missing out on a really important part of the mystery, you're leaving yourself open to all kinds of damage.

Please put away the Llewellyn books. Put down they "my first wiccan spell" books. Take up Tai Chi, Chess, Computer Programming. Your brain is still fresh and agile. Use it to learn things which will give you a solid basis in this world without worrying about other ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 magickshaylin

well thanks for your suggestion :) im still unsure on what to do but i still appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Hearthsong

Hi shaylin, do you still want an intro to Wicca/paganism?

Advertisement