Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly Tipping

Options
  • 26-08-2012 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭

To the filthy dirty **** who decided to chuck your two sacks of domestic waste at the entrance to my estate, leaving them for the birds to rip open this morning so the place looks like a landfill, if id caught you id have left you in much pain and i hope you are visited by a great deal of misfortune very soon

If you see it, report it. None of us should stand for it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

No sign of any identifying info in there - bills, etc?
    Not that I would care to look, without a mask and gloves.
    Can you report it to the Co. Council and see if they will collect / sort thru for I.D.'ing info? Just a thought. An aquaintance was caught & charged in this manner.
    Too scabby to pay for a flippin bin ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

To scabby and irresponsible alright

no i didnt go routing through it myself but i reported it to the Litter Section in Fingal CoCo and to be fair they were straight back to me this morning saying the Litter Warden would be out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

I was over in Ikea during the week and saw the best one ever - a trolley in the car park with two black refuse bags full of grass clippings in it. :confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

It was quite common in Castlecurragh to see rubbish being dumped in the bin bays.

There must have been one guy doing it as most of the time someone who must have spotted him doing it used to put stickers on the bags with his reg number. I hope the litter wardens followed it up.

Either way they dismantled the bin bays and planted grass which has stopped it from happening here. In reality I presume the problems just been moved on to a different location but I hope they got the guy

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭corkonion

My brother in law is a taxi driver. Recently he picked up a chap who put two bags of laundry n his boot, on route to the launderette the guy asked to stop at Tesco as he needed to grab milk and bread. After 20 mins the passenger had not come back, so my brother in law went to check the laundry bags........... only to find two smelly bags of trash.

• Advertisement

corkonion wrote: »
    My brother in law is a taxi driver. Recently he picked up a chap who put two bags of laundry n his boot, on route to the launderette the guy asked to stop at Tesco as he needed to grab milk and bread. After 20 mins the passenger had not come back, so my brother in law went to check the laundry bags........... only to find two smelly bags of trash.

Free taxi to Tesco and rubbish disposed of - win win!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

I was down at St Mochtas playing fields/Castleknock Celtic FC recently and a lady pulled up (in a Merc), took a few rubbish bags out of her boot and emptied them into the bins. She can afford to drive a Merc but not pay to dispose of her waste :confused:

That sounds a completely normal situation to a lot of people I know though - new car in the driveway and no food in the cupboards. It's mad.

Least they're chucking them in bins though and not country roads.

Advertisement