Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bed Poll!

• 26-08-2012 9:29pm

Lets settle an argument. If you wear Pyjamas or bed clothes, how often do you wash/change them?

How long do you wear your bed clothes for? 74 votes

A day
    0% 0 votes
    2-3 days
    25% 19 votes
    3-7 days
    45% 34 votes
    Over a week
    28% 21 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I sleep in the nip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I change my boxers every day- thats all I wear to bed. So Daily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

geeby wrote: »
    Lets settle an argument. If you wear Pyjamas or bed clothes, how often do you wash/change them?

Wash them when they can't soak up any more body fluids. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I sleep in the nip

Is the nip good looking? ;)

Lucky person they are indeed! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

I don't wear them, my skin is my pyjamas and I wash that once a month whether it needs or not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

Pjs are usually whatever t shirt I have lying around so I guess 3 times a week that is changed.

I sleep alone so bed linen once ever 1 1/2 weeks. If I have company then is is every week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

Wear sweet F. A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

I sleep in the nip
    Me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

TheBody wrote: »
    Wash them when they can't soak up any more body fluids. :pac:

Down with that sort of thing :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

PJs/nightie - 1/2 days, usually. The very odd time I actually wear them! :P

Poll is confusing - in my opinion, "bed clothes" usually refers to sheets/pillow covers/duvet covers etc, which I'd change once a week.

• Advertisement

Biggins wrote: »
    Is the nip good looking? ;)

Lucky person they are indeed! :D
    Teddy in the nip is not a pretty sight. :o

I wouldn't wish that on anyone:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Sleep in the nip too, hate having to wear jammies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Do u guys that sleep in the nip not wear underwear???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I wear pj's, my boyfriend wears boxers, I change the bedclothes every week :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

there is no such thing.

efb wrote: »
    On weekdays I do, not on weekends though. It's nice to leave the window open and a little breeze gets into areas that often experience drought like conditions:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Teddy in the nip is not a pretty sight. :o

I wouldn't wish that on anyone:eek:

Oh..I dunno ;)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_cEdA-otyo9g/SI1fvit42_I/AAAAAAAAAZY/RJF7zVKl3MA/s320/BearNaked.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Homer simpson boxers, I do see these people wearing socks to bed in movies.. WTF? Socks in bed.. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

Homer simpson boxers, I do see these people wearing socks to bed in movies.. WTF? Socks in bed.. :eek:

My feet are always cold. So unless I have a hot water bottle I have socks on. I could be naked. With socks on. Looks lovely!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I usually sleep naked at home - but rest assured, for the person putting me up on the boards.ie night out, I shall cover up the wee man for good manners. :D

• Advertisement

ihsb wrote: »
    My feet are always cold. So unless I have a hot water bottle I have socks on. I could be naked. With socks on. Looks lovely!

I imagine thats very sexy.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

efb wrote: »
    Never wear underwear or socks to bed. It would feel like sleeping in my day clothes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

I wear a string top, boxers and socks. Never anything more or less!

Boxers and top get changed every day, because I would have worn the top before I slept in it lol

Boxers were stolen from a guy I slept with. They are so comfy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

I used to sleep in the nip, ironically until I moved in with my girlfriend, now I have to wear PJs. :mad: fu*k my life.

But to answer your question OP, I never wash PJs, the misses washes them every couple of weeks, probably.

Ideally I would sleep in the nip though, which I only get to do after sex, so I never sleep in the nip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,650 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Boxers. My body generates enough heat to thermally power Iceland when I sleep so any more than boxers results in a LordChessington-shaped sweat patch in my bed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Sleep only in shorts, never wear them two nights in a row

All these wimmin say they sleep in very little or nothing at all. :D So I have think usexy thoughts. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

In summer i wear a vest top n knicks.
    Sleeping in the nip feels weird!
    Winter - cosy pjs.
    And I wash them every day. I have lots of pjs, far more than actual clothes. (But i'd never wear them outside even tho' i'm a Northsider).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i sleep in the altogether

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

My skin changes itself every 35 days. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Boxers and t-shirt ftw. Don't understand how you can sleep naked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I thought the poll meant sheets and duvet covers. Which are called bed clothes.

I wash my PJs every 2 days. I can't sleep naked because I'm paranoid that the house will go on fire and I'll have to run out of the house in the nip :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

I change pyjamas every 2 nights and I change bed clothes every 4 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Don't know how you can all sleep naked - I'd be feckin freezing! I wear pyjamas and sometimes a hoodie... and occasionally get an extra blanket too :P I think I've just got crap circulation though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

[Jackass] wrote: »
    I used to sleep in the nip, ironically until I moved in with my girlfriend, now I have to wear PJs. :mad: fu*k my life.

But to answer your question OP, I never wash PJs, the misses washes them every couple of weeks, probably.

Ideally I would sleep in the nip though, which I only get to do after sex, so I never sleep in the nip.
    Think i know what i'd be changing... and it wouldn't be the bed sheets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭PieForPi

I sleep naked until the colder months, then I have lounge pants/pyjama bottoms that I wear to bed.

I don't tend to wash them all that often. I've 3 pairs and they'd each be washed about once per month so I'm getting 1-2 weeks out of each pair.

Don't know how you can all sleep naked - I'd be feckin freezing! I wear pyjamas and sometimes a hoodie... and occasionally get an extra blanket too :P I think I've just got crap circulation though!
    I have a single tog10 duvet and even that's too warm that I end up throwing it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

I have a single tog10 duvet and even that's too warm that I end up throwing it off.

I have a 13 tog for summer and two 13 togs for winter. In summer I wear pjs and in winter I add fleecy dressing gown and socks. I'm always cold at night.

I have a 13 tog for summer and two 13 togs for winter. In summer I wear pjs and in winter I add fleecy dressing gown and socks. I'm always cold at night.
    Are you cold blooded or something? Green scaly skin? You might be a lizard woman. Just some food for thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

I wear my boxers and a t shirt. Every day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Ok, you win :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭jluv

Generally a vest top and PJ bottom. Will change on daily basis as I actually change into that pretty much as soon as I get home from work(especially in winter but in light of the summer we had;))Winter or summer I will still use the same duvet/covers.Big believer in the fact that your body will adjust to the temp. Nothing better than getting into bed on freezing cold night(still wearing vest top) awiting 10 mins and you start feeling cosy. Put too many clothes on and you stop your body working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭PieForPi

Ah yeah, a quick holy water spin cycle every few weeks is sufficient to keep the penile demons at bay.

Does not compute. I sleep in the nip, the gf wears jammies (even puts them on after sexy time which is odd)
    What difference could it make to her what way you sleep?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Ted!

In the nuddy but if people are gonna be around (for reasons other than just a bit of the other) then I don't tend to sleep naked in case I am awoken mid-morningwood.

My extended family can be a bunch of pranksters and have been known to whip the duvet off me and scream 'wake up' and so for that reason, I tend to wear very tight briefs as a precaution. Keep the beast unleashed otherwise though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Why?

I'm going to wear/not wear what I want in bed and you can leave the bed if you don't like it.

I love sleeping alone though.

Advertisement