Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Security Question.

Options
  • 26-08-2012 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭

Just turned on my console there for the first time in a week and it asked me to complete a security setup.

Had to put in my password then it asked for my phone number so it could send a code to complete the process. Got the code but when i entered it, it said it was wrong. I didn't go any further than this but just quit back out to the first page and i was then signed in normally.

Anyone else get this before? Seems a bit strange to me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

There were some new things added to the xbox web site for security but I haven't had anything on the xbox itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

This is all part of the new security features for windows live/ xbox account. Its to stop people getting control of your account

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Its basically 2 step verification, so when you switch to a new console it will ask to send you a verification code to the details you specify on your Windows Live Account (phone number or email address)

Advertisement