Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ridiculous Quote.

Options
  • 26-08-2012 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭

On Friday I got a quote from Liberty Insurance that really had given me a major shock. The quote I got was for over 2000euro. I realize that I don't have the most desirable insurable attributes but the quote is twice that of one of your competitors.

I am 30 years of age with a full US license (having just moved recently back to Ireland), have a provisional Irish License, 1 years no claims in Ireland, living in North County Dublin and one small own damage claim a couple of years ago. No penalty points, no convictions and driving a 1.3L car. How can you justify a 2K+ quote? You were the 1st insurance company I contacted when I was up for renewal. My current insurer is quoting me 1200, another is quoting me 1045. How dose your company think I'm a much more dangerous risk than the others.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Liberty Insurance: Philip

Hey Sean,

I'm sorry to hear you're disappointed with the price offered for your car insurance. Any quotation we offer is based on a number of risk factors entered at the time of quotation including the car details, driver details, driving experience, address, driving convictions/claims etc. While we weren't very competitive on this occasion, our pricing is constantly under review so please do contact us again at your next renewal.

Thanks for getting in touch

Philip

Advertisement