Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When's the last time you bought a stamp?

• 26-08-2012 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭

Just realized this is probably something thats nearly redundant in today's eSociety. I needed on about 6 months ago, machines dont sell single stamps so I had to queue in the post office to get one. 60c I think.

So when's the last time you bought a stamp?

When's the last time you bought a stamp? 60 votes

within 1 day
    0% 0 votes
    within 1 week
    3% 2 votes
    within 1 month
    36% 22 votes
    within 6 months
    35% 21 votes
    within 1 year
    18% 11 votes
    over a year
    6% 4 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Yesterday.

Had to post back an item to amazon that was faulty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

a few months ago. You can buy them in most shops and they're usually a lot less than 60c depending on the size/weight of your package.....heh, package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Last week. 55c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Last week, I got it for my tramp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

A year and 2 weeks ago for my mothers birthday card. It didn't go so well...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=80283517&postcount=886
    [warning long story]

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Seriously, I read the title initially as "When's the last time you bought a tramp?"

I need help. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Biggins wrote: »
    Seriously, I read the title as "When's the last time you bought a tramp?"

I need help. :(

or glasses??? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,650 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

January, to send a birthday card.

But I do have about about 3 or 4 of those packs of 10 with only one stamp used. Can never find the fcukers when I need them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

efb wrote: »
    or glasses??? :P

I have them but wasn't wearing them.
    Stupid me! :D

[warning long story]

A PS official with CS Skills- I'd sooner fancy my chances trying to find the Ark of the Covenant... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

[warning long story]

You've been dying to whore that story out lately so ya have :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Friday, had to post car logbook. do I win :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

yesterday, keep an eye out for me on winning streak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

But I do have about about 3 or 4 of those packs of 10 with only one stamp used. Can never find the fcukers when I need them

Ditto, have them left in a "safe" place for future use. trouble is its too safe .. Always find them when looking for something completely different tho.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

About 3 weeks ago. Ocassionaly do some agency work where I have to post my time sheets to the office so that I get paid. When I was working regulary for them I would have brought a book of them.

They were to introduce a system where time sheets were emailed at in the new year but never started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

About a week ago, I had to post college stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Erm...christmas. With the internet sending letters is obsolete.

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Erm...christmas. With the internet sending letters is obsolete.

Christmas, and just one stamp???

Christmas, and just one stamp???

I meant those stamp books.

IvySlayer wrote: »
    I meant those stamp books.

but thats not the question....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

A month ago, to send postcards.

I was an idiot though - bought postcards and stamps on a day-trip to Gibraltar and put the stamps on the cards so I wouldn't lose them. Crossed the border back into Spain, forgetting to actually post them - and you can't use Gibraltar stamps in Spain - so those stamps a waste of my money :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

off topic slightly, I found two penny reds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

was about 18 months ago and was very funny, some might call me mean/ignorant etc but id be surprised if you didn't do something similar.

Bit of background, I'm well used to my local post woman and her ways so I came prepared with the exact change. She's an old enough lady, wouldn't be to far off retirement id say, no issue with that, just interesting considering what happens next.

Up to the counter and it goes like this
    A: can I have a 55c stamp please.
    PW: what for?
    A: em, I'd just like a 55c stamp please...?
    PW: what for? wheres the letter going?
    A: I'm not sure why that matters, I'd just like a 55c stamp please
    PW: hmm but where are you posting the letter
    A: Where can I post a 55c stamp to?
    PW: Anywhere in ROI
    A: It must be going there so..
    PW: Fine, here.
    A: Thanks, its for a postcard (putting 3 20c coins in the tray)
    PW: (looking down her nose at the tray) have you not got the correct change?
    A: Oh right ye (removing the 3 coins and replacing them with 55c in copper coins, only a couple of 5cs among them) here.

She didn't say any more at this stage and instead glares at me and then at her sound colleague who is pissing herself laughing at the whole situation (who I later found out thought it was exactly what she deserved)
    id like to add that i did have normal money as well (as mentioned) incase she wasn't there/she was alright about it, this was just for a situation like this.

Also, previous to that, a good while before, I asked her could I send a parcel to "The Gambia" to my brother. It took about 5 minutes of her telling me that there is no such country as "The Gambia" and that it didn't exist and my brother must be lying when he says he's there... Eventually after I suggested numerous times to remove "The" she did and lectures me as to the fact that its not "The Gambia" and just "Gambia". She informed me that there was no way her system was wrong and that "the Government of whatever country you're talking about need to be told what the name of their country is".....????????
    It is infact "The Gambia" and the reason for that is because the africans write Zambia and Gambia very similarly so they changed it to "The Gambia".

Crazy stuff..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,473 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I use post regularily. Email is fine but originals of documents still have to move around so I would have bought a stamp friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

alexlyons wrote: »
    was about 18 months ago and was very funny, some might call me mean/ignorant etc but id be surprised if you didn't do something similar.

Bit of background, I'm well used to my local post woman and her ways so I came prepared with the exact change. She's an old enough lady, wouldn't be to far off retirement id say, no issue with that, just interesting considering what happens next.

Up to the counter and it goes like this
    A: can I have a 55c stamp please.
    PW: what for?
    A: em, I'd just like a 55c stamp please...?
    PW: what for? wheres the letter going?
    A: I'm not sure why that matters, I'd just like a 55c stamp please
    PW: hmm but where are you posting the letter
    A: Where can I post a 55c stamp to?
    PW: Anywhere in ROI
    A: It must be going there so..
    PW: Fine, here.
    A: Thanks, its for a postcard (putting 3 20c coins in the tray)
    PW: (looking down her nose at the tray) have you not got the correct change?
    A: Oh right ye (removing the 3 coins and replacing them with 55c in copper coins, only a couple of 5cs among them) here.

She didn't say any more at this stage and instead glares at me and then at her sound colleague who is pissing herself laughing at the whole situation (who I later found out thought it was exactly what she deserved)
    id like to add that i did have normal money as well (as mentioned) incase she wasn't there/she was alright about it, this was just for a situation like this.

Also, previous to that, a good while before, I asked her could I send a parcel to "The Gambia" to my brother. It took about 5 minutes of her telling me that there is no such country as "The Gambia" and that it didn't exist and my brother must be lying when he says he's there... Eventually after I suggested numerous times to remove "The" she did and lectures me as to the fact that its not "The Gambia" and just "Gambia". She informed me that there was no way her system was wrong and that "the Government of whatever country you're talking about need to be told what the name of their country is".....????????
    It is infact "The Gambia" and the reason for that is because the africans write Zambia and Gambia very similarly so they changed it to "The Gambia".

Crazy stuff..
    One of those "you'd have to be there moments" methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Last Friday.

My local agent of news sells single stamps.

"Nearly redundant" my bollocks. :rolleyes:

but thats not the question....

Don't think I ever bought a single stamp in my life, always booklets in case I need some in a drawer.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭marzic

I dont buy stamps very often, I've a good few which I've recycled - they hadn't been date-stamped by the PO (especially at christmas) so I manage to peel them off, the fact that stamps are self adhesive now makes them easier to peel off the envelopes:o. I use pritstick to reapply them - had they been the old lickedy-spit ones I'd have been buying like all the other suckers! I used to make really cool envelopes out of glossy magazines too, but I'm too mean to buy them now:D

marzic wrote: »
    I dont buy stamps very often, I've a good few which I've recycled - they hadn't been date-stamped by the PO (especially at christmas) so I manage to peel them off, the fact that stamps are self adhesive now makes them easier to peel off the envelopes:o. I use pritstick to reapply them - had they been the old lickedy-spit ones I'd have been buying like all the other suckers! I used to make really cool envelopes out of glossy magazines too, but I'm too mean to buy them now:D

Im using this in the stingy thread... ;):D:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

Something I haven't thought about, but now that I do, I rarely buy a stamp. I rarely post a letter. The world has changed.

BUT FkUcen somehow the cnuts keep posting bills to me.

Advertisement