Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs in town

Options
  • 26-08-2012 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭

Out of the main pubs on Tullow St which is your favourite and why ?

Favourite Pubs on Tullow St & Dublin St 25 votes

Teach Dolmain
    0% 0 votes
    Reddys
    24% 6 votes
    The Med
    4% 1 vote
    The Barracks
    20% 5 votes
    Dinn Ri
    12% 3 votes
    Scraggs
    4% 1 vote
    Tullys
    12% 3 votes
    Leverette and Frye
    24% 6 votes
    O Loughlins
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

Leverette and Frye & O Loughlins are not on Tullow St. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Leverette and Frye & O Loughlins are not on Tullow St. ;)

Look at the title on the poll buddy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

Look at the title on the poll buddy.

Ah good to see you changed it when you saw i noticed it. ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jay gatsby

The Med is certainly the most popular at the moment IMO, good mix of 21-50 year olds over the weekend.

You can't beat Dinn Ri for service and central location but seems to be gone off most people's radar.
    I like Tully's myself though I seem to have outgrown a lot of the clientele now. Don't hear of many people venturing down to O loughlins or Leveretts anymore

jay gatsby wrote: »
    The Med is certainly the most popular at the moment IMO, good mix of 21-50 year olds over the weekend.

You can't beat Dinn Ri for service and central location but seems to be gone off most people's radar.
    I like Tully's myself though I seem to have outgrown a lot of the clientele now. Don't hear of many people venturing down to O loughlins or Leveretts anymore

I think Leverettes is coming back now very affordable drinking and good 70s and 80s music in the little front bar, €5.00 a pint in the Med is crazy pricing these days IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭nomunnnofun

I spent my youth and god knows what % of my wages in O'Loughlins back in the day when Mary/Dave owned it and then on to when Niall Moran was running it. Wouldn't step inside it now unless it was to see a 6 nations rugby match. It has been run into the ground for the last few years. I like going to the Barracks for a few quiet ones with herself now. They have done some work on it recently and is always a pretty good atmosphere in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jay gatsby

The Barracks also has the loveliest pint of Smithwicks in town. I'm not into the whole good pint/bad pint thing normally but I just noticed theirs has something nice about it. Good big smoking area too and like most things Mc Loughlins do, it is well run.

jay gatsby wrote: »
    The Barracks also has the loveliest pint of Smithwicks in town. I'm not into the whole good pint/bad pint thing normally but I just noticed theirs has something nice about it. Good big smoking area too and like most things Mc Loughlins do, it is well run.

To be fair I am not a fan of the pub its just too perfect and lacking a bit of character but I definitely agree with your statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭jimbo79

out of them pubs i'd go with the med, it's good for the wimmin;) favorite pub in town would be the irishmans though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

bring back archies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

i dont see the tavern on that list. its the only half decent pub there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

jimbo79 wrote: »
    out of them pubs i'd go with the med, it's good for the wimmin;) favorite pub in town would be the irishmans though

i always thought the med was for people that were trying to make themselves feel more sophisticated. I dont really like it. But maybe im biased because i got kicked out twice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭jimbo79

Real Life wrote: »
    i always thought the med was for people that were trying to make themselves feel more sophisticated. I dont really like it. But maybe im biased because i got kicked out twice.

i don't like the prices but of the pubs named it's the best, in fairness carlow has some really bad pubs with little or no atmosphere

Advertisement