Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arrest at Pat Rabbitte lunch

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Ah come on lads FFS.

Biggins did the gentleman who recorded the video sign a waiver as well, because you know, we must cover all the bases.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

later12 wrote: »
    ...did the gentleman who recorded the video sign a waiver as well, because you know, we must cover all the bases.

Not with me.
    The person is probably holding out for a better book deal! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

dvpower wrote: »
    That's a blatant lie.

Ha ha prove it.
    Meanwhile ---
    http://www.thejournal.ie/bar-and-restaurant-tabs-574079-Aug2012/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I wonder is those financial numbers also included in the €73,000 tab? :D
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/frontpage/2012/0418/1224314877026.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 598 ✭✭✭ncdadam

That's a blatant lie.

Were you there?

• Advertisement

Pat was probably eating a free dinner anyway. Those lads don't pay.

Even when they do pay 'on the day', we pay for it in the end through 'unvouched expenses'!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Actually it's up to the person who makes a defamatory remark to prove its true.

MagicSean wrote: »

I think my post no.157 proves it, no?

MagicSean wrote: »

As a Garda you should have noticed the word "probably". I believe that word makes things different. If i say i was probably at home that day, it does not state that i was for sure. The those lads don't pay bit could have meant that the person he was with paid too as Rabbitte could have been his guest. Either way i do believe that those politicians don't pay, we do it for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

As a Garda you should have noticed the word "probably". I believe that word makes things different. If i say i was probably at home that day, it does not state that i was for sure. The those lads don't pay bit could have meant that the person he was with paid too as Rabbitte could have been his guest. Either way i do believe that those politicians don't pay, we do it for them.
    Weasel words.

• Advertisement

Weasel words.

Would you care to elaborate on the system of un-vouched expenses then that all TD's use to their advantage?

Are 'working lunches' not covered in the above?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

You should have noticed the word "probably".
    Those lads don't pay.

No probably in that sentence. Seems pretty direct.

Weasel words.

And all about the biggest weasel of them all then.:D

Advertisement