Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda stops car of lone woman at night

Options
  • 26-08-2012 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

If a woman is driving home alone at night, and is stopped by a Garda car, what are the rules?

I was stopped recently, I had just phoned my husband to let him know I was leaving for home (5 minute drive). As soon as I saw the flashing blue light, I pulled in immediately, as I thought he might want to overtake, but he stopped behind me, and got out. He just checked the tax, insurance and NCT, and asked why I was out late (just after midnight, midweek). I told him I had just been talking to my husband, and I would ring him again now because he is expecting me home in minutes, so he just asked me if I had been drinking, I said I don't drink, so he left me drive on.

Just curious to know if you have to stop in all circumstances. This was a quiet rural spot, and I felt quite vulnerable, so I kept the car door locked, and only opened the window a little.

Any one could have a blue light flashing on their car, he didn't have any ID either, and a plain looking uniform. Could I have driven on, and let him check my details at home?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Try the emergency services forum instead:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1023

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭cold case

Sorry, I was looking to see how to start a new thread, and went wrong!

I posted in the legal discussion thread now instead. Many thanks, Spear.

Advertisement