Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do you react when your alarm goes off in morning?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

I have to do a maths problem to turn off the alarm on my phone! Great app!
    Some craic having to solve 374/17+257 when you are still half a asleep! Then I snooze it.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

I don't have to get up until 8am but I set it for 7.30 and have 3 x 10 minute snoozes.

This morning. Alarm 1: 8:05, turn off in state of almost complete sleep, Alarm 2: 8:10 same as 1st, alarm 3: 8:15, same as first two, Alarm 4: 8:25, same as others...... Open eyes and look at phone, time: 9:45!

Jump out of bed pull on clothes and run out the door!!

This is not an uncommon morning for me unfortunately I'm a terrible morning person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

I don't set an alarm. I'd wake about 6:45 or so anyway and listen to the radio for half an hour or so before getting up.

Now I know herself has her phone set for 7:30 so there is a back up plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭mongoman

I can hear my flatmates alarm through two doors, waking me up an hour before i need to get up. :mad:
    Thing is, it doesnt wake him up. I have to knock on his door to wake him up and tell him to turn it off.
    Whats the bloody point in having an alarm if it doesnt wake you up? :mad:

Because you are his alarm, so just stop waking him up and see how he manages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

mongoman wrote: »
    Because you are his alarm, so just stop waking him up and see how he manages.

I would, but i can't sleep with his alarm going off. Its gonna be fun when im on my holidays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I work nights so I don't have an alarm. I always wake up at some stage during the day 'cause my family make noise around the house etc. If I have an alarm set though, I tend to wake up a lot to check the time, see how long I have left to sleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

My alarm gets turned off, few minutes later the phone alarm goes, that gets snoozed, 10 minutes later when it goes off again, I get up. Used to do without the 10 minute phone snooze, but realised I had 10 minutes extra in the mornings that I didn't really need.

Advertisement