Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lockers

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Morgase

Would Hamilton lockers fit a big enough gym bag and an 11" laptop? There's no point in getting one in a handy place if it doesn't fit anything

Also do we need our own locks?

You don't need your own lock, they just give you a key.

You can probably fit a gym bag, depending on how big it is. I can fit my backpack (containing a 13" laptop) in, that's the sort of size the locker is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 HughsieBaby

Hi :) do you think I'd still be able to get a locker on Tuesday as I have nothing on Monday and I could avoid a trip ? Thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Hi :) do you think I'd still be able to get a locker on Tuesday as I have nothing on Monday and I could avoid a trip ? Thanks :D
    I got a locker three weeks in to term. Granted it was in the bottom corner next to a stairway, it was next to most of my classes in the Panoz so it wasn't too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 HughsieBaby

I got a locker three weeks in to term. Granted it was in the bottom corner next to a stairway, it was next to most of my classes in the Panoz so it wasn't too bad.
    Yay thats great :) thank you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jennn

So how much choice do you get disregarding location ? Like if I was to get a Hamilton one could I choose the hight? Only wear skirts - a ground floor one could result in impromtue flashing when rushing !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

jennn wrote: »
    So how much choice do you get disregarding location ? Like if I was to get a Hamilton one could I choose the hight? Only wear skirts - a ground floor one could result in impromtue flashing when rushing !

Don't think you get to choose the height. I was handed a key last year, and ended up with a low locker (2nd from bottom, not bothered too much because a locker is a locker). The lockers are numbered so it would be difficult to tell which numbers are top lockers

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Hollzy

I got a locker last year and e-mailed about keeping it for this year a few months ago. When do I pay the twenty euro for this year's rent? Do I have to go in early tomorrow as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Hollzy wrote: »
    I got a locker last year and e-mailed about keeping it for this year a few months ago. When do I pay the twenty euro for this year's rent? Do I have to go in early tomorrow as well?

I'm pretty sure you can drop in the money any time over the next two weeks.

I tried paying last week but the Super was never in the office! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

When does the hatch open. Like are people queuing at 6.30 for 9?:eek:

I think it opens at eight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Hollzy wrote: »
    I think it opens at eight

and does the queue go quite quickly? My first lecture is at 10. Can't really miss anything.

If memory serves me correctly I had a ten o' clock lecture that day too. I had plenty of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

If we get a locker tomorrow can we start using it right away?

If we get a locker tomorrow can we start using it right away?

Yep, as soon as you get the key it's yours until June-ish (unless you apply to keep it again, normally happens May-ish)

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

are the lockers in panoz institute 24h like hamilton? Just they have different names even though it's the same building?

(sory for stupid question):D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

kate.m wrote: »
    are the lockers in panoz institute 24h like hamilton? Just they have different names even though it's the same building?

(sory for stupid question):D
    Yes, it's the same building, there's just different names on different parts. The Hamiliton lockers are on the ground floor while the Panoz lockers are in the basement.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 Enda Reardon

Got a lovely little locker in the arts block.

Anyone know what hours the superintendent is in his office?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

bscm wrote: »
    Anyone know what hours the superintendent is in his office?

It's hard to predict...

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭EmmetOT

Hey guys, quick question - I only need a locker for one person, storing gym clothes. Are there one-day lockers in the sports centre? Pay slot lockers or something?

Thanks!

• Advertisement

Lockers in the gym can only be used while you're using the gym. You just bring a padlock and pop your stuff in one that's free, lock it, go use the gym then take your things when you're done.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭thisistough

Hi

Sorry for posting in a zombie thread but didn't want to start a new thread for the same thing.

I want to get a locker tomorrow and I know they start at 7:30 in the arts block. I'm going to want a locker in the arts block as that's where all my lectures are. I'd love to get one of the big ones, do I just queue up really early and ask for a big locker in the arts block or do they just give you a random one?

Just looking at the opening times for the different hates it looks like the earliest to get into campus is 7am, does that mean I won't be able to get in any earlier to queue? Where will the queue start?

Any help/experience greatly appreciated!

Hi! Looks like I still get notifications on this thread from my time as a Fresher :) I'm in my 4th year now!

You can definitely get into campus before 7am. Front Arch I always thought opened at 6am, but even if it isn't open, you can get in the Science Gallery gate (top of Pearse Street) with a swipe card. I would suggest trying Front Arch and Nassau Street gates first though as college security know about the locker queue so if they can they'll open them as early as possible. Also, even though the Arts Block itself won't be open until later, the covered walkway into college from Nassau Street will be open, so unless you are way back in the queue you will probably be indoors/covered for your full queue time.

You can specify which kind of Arts Block locker (big or small) you want - the big ones go much faster than the small.

Hi! Looks like I still get notifications on this thread from my time as a Fresher :) I'm in my 4th year now!

You can definitely get into campus before 7am. Front Arch I always thought opened at 6am, but even if it isn't open, you can get in the Science Gallery gate (top of Pearse Street) with a swipe card. I would suggest trying Front Arch and Nassau Street gates first though as college security know about the locker queue so if they can they'll open them as early as possible. Also, even though the Arts Block itself won't be open until later, the covered walkway into college from Nassau Street will be open, so unless you are way back in the queue you will probably be indoors/covered for your full queue time.

You can specify which kind of Arts Block locker (big or small) you want - the big ones go much faster than the small.

Brilliant, thanks so much! I think I'll go in fairly early, for the sake of 1 early morning a good locker would really help me out!! If I'm the first one there (unlikely I know) will I just queue up on the ramp at the main door? I assume it's just inside that door on the right that they do the sign up? I'd be really annoyed if I got up really earlier and ended up queuing I got the wrong place...

Also I assume the swipe access at the science gallery is just our student card is it?

Brilliant, thanks so much! I think I'll go in fairly early, for the sake of 1 early morning a good locker would really help me out!! If I'm the first one there (unlikely I know) will I just queue up on the ramp at the main door? I assume it's just inside that door on the right that they do the sign up? I'd be really annoyed if I got up really earlier and ended up queuing I got the wrong place...

Also I assume the swipe access at the science gallery is just our student card is it?

Yeah just queue at the ramp, I'd say chances are though you won't be first and will see where to queue. The office they give them out from is just inside the sliding doors in the Arts Block so queue at those doors.

Yeah swipe access is by student card - there are a bunch of places you swipe your card to get into (24 hour library, Computer Science labs, plus lots of places after hours - Hamilton, House 6 etc). There's a console with a little red light on it. Just press the barcode on your card to the red light and it should flash green and let you in.

Yeah just queue at the ramp, I'd say chances are though you won't be first and will see where to queue. The office they give them out from is just inside the sliding doors in the Arts Block so queue at those doors.

Yeah swipe access is by student card - there are a bunch of places you swipe your card to get into (24 hour library, Computer Science labs, plus lots of places after hours - Hamilton, House 6 etc). There's a console with a little red light on it. Just press the barcode on your card to the red light and it should flash green and let you in.

Thanks so much, this is really helpful! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭RyanDrive

Asking for my brother who was out of the country last week, is there any chance of any lockers left or are they all well gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

RyanDrive wrote: »
    Asking for my brother who was out of the country last week, is there any chance of any lockers left or are they all well gone?

I think they're doing a second re-issue soon for forms which weren't returned this week.

Advertisement