Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused about fees! (first year)

• 26-08-2012 11:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm (hopefully) starting UL soon.
    I got an information booklet about orientation etc in the post recently.
    It says that all fees must be paid before enrollment, orientation etc.
    However I have not yet finished the application for me grant. I think I should get it, but what do I do untill I do?
    Do I pay the fees? How much will it be?
    I know there are tuition fees and student contribution but I dont know the difference.
    And how do I know if I am entitled to free fees and how do they work?
    If I do pay before enrollment, will I be refunded the amount?
    Or is there any way of reassuring UL I will be receiving the grant?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

Just get in touch with them & let them know that you're applying for the grant & waiting to hear back.
    If this is your first time going to college & you are an Irish citizen, you are entitled to free fees, that means you do not have to pay the tuition fees. You still need to have the student contribution covered, which the grant will pay for if you get it. It is €2250 this year. If you want you can pay it and UL will refund you if you get the grant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

Muir wrote: »
    Just get in touch with them & let them know that you're applying for the grant & waiting to hear back.
    If this is your first time going to college & you are an Irish citizen, you are entitled to free fees, that means you do not have to pay the tuition fees. You still need to have the student contribution covered, which the grant will pay for if you get it. It is €2250 this year. If you want you can pay it and UL will refund you if you get the grant.

Thanks!
    I'm going to the HEAR orientation tomorrow so hopefully I will be able to talk to someone then.
    I'm going to tell them I am applying for the grant and I shopuld definately receive it.
    I think I'll have to pay the fees anyways but I don't mind as long as I am refunded eventually.

One more question, to be entitled to free fees must I be in receipt of a grant?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Nicole.

biohaiid wrote: »
    One more question, to be entitled to free fees must I be in receipt of a grant?

Nope, any first time under graduate of Irish nationality regardless of income/grant application is entitled to free fees.

Advertisement