Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargaining on rent?

Options
  • 26-08-2012 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

Myself and my husband are going to be looking for a place to rent in the next few weeks.

I notice that the price of the type of property we are looking at seems to vary between about 1000 to 1200

Obviously with buying you dont expect to pay the asking price, is this similar for renting or is it more black and white?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,297 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Definitely try negotiate, even if it's upgrades in the house like furniture, new mattresses and that,

I moved into a new place last week, 50 off the monthly price and 2 new mattresses

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Can't hurt to ask! In high demand areas you wont stand much hope in getting a reduction in the rent as they will be able to find any number of tenants who will pay the asking price, but by all means chance your arm.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Depends on where the property is- what demand there is likely to be- and how long a lease you are willing to sign. The longer the lease- in general, the better the deal you get. Certainly- bargain on the rent- you'd be crazy not to, though. Everything is negotiable.

Advertisement