Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Case Advise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Any interest in a NZXT Switch 810

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1844/

Got one for myself last week, functions pretty well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

I have the stryker, and had the 600T. both fantastic cases. I think the 600T is a prettier case, but the stryker has the advantage of being full tower, and updated accessories, like 2 USB3 ports, not to mention a USB3 header instead of that pass through cable rubbish. completely removable/rotateble drive cages, tool box which I find is dead handy, and I'll miss it when I throw my radiator in there.

downside to the stryker is that the paint isn't very good, and will chip easily (like under the screws), the reset buttons printed sticker is wearing off, and I've probably only pressed it twice, its missing the esata port on the front, so has a little indentation where it should be, as found on the storm trooper. the power led also cant be disabled as it runs off the molex (I don't like power and hdd Leds :( ) honestly I'm just nitpicking though. I couldn't be happier.

I'll be building with the Corsair C70 next week, so I could let you know what I think of it then.

if you have any questions about either, shoot.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Thanks for that. Not really sure what to make of the C70. Not sure if I like its aesthetics and personally I think it's quite bland for the price it's going for. It has no real redeeming features unlike the Stryker and 600T.

NZXT Switch 810 looks interesting. Been a while since I had a look at a NZXT case though, the last few I purchased had terrible build quality imo, although it was over 2 years ago :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

I think the Fractal R3/R4 is available in Arctic white, although it's looks might be a bit sedate for you.

Edit: Yep.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Funny, someone had just mentioned that to me. Not really interested in it all really. Anyone had experience with the GT10?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

How about this fella?

http://www1.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?adp=0&aid=48720&agid=631&apop=0

Only problem with it is the one tea bag outlined, the pass through cable thing instead of headers for the two front usb 3 ports but apart from that I think it's the perfect case

Was contemplating that alright, pretty nice case. Heart's set on a white one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

NZXT Switch 810 looks interesting. Been a while since I had a look at a NZXT case though, the last few I purchased had terrible build quality imo, although it was over 2 years ago :)

Build quality has improved tenfold especially with their higher end cases.

Check out youtube, Case has gotten fantastic review everywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

cosmos 1000? (gen1, not sure if the gen2 is in white)

More grey that white tho

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Storm Stryker, 600T, 500R are your best bets.

• Advertisement

The CM-690 II might be worth a look too. The original 690 was considered a good case a few years ago, but not sure how well the successor was received?

Ape X wrote: »
    The CM-690 II might be worth a look too. The original 690 was considered a good case a few years ago, but not sure how well the successor was received?

I'm upgrading from the CM690 that has served me well, so I want to try something different :)

I'm upgrading from the CM690 that has served me well, so I want to try something different :)
    Fair dues, I can understand that - my next build will definitely not be in a black aluminium case!

Advertisement