Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Irish assaulted

Options
  • 27-08-2012 12:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/backpackers-attacked-with-hammer-20120826-24uir.html
    TWO Irish backpackers were seriously injured when attacked with a hammer at a St Kilda East boarding house early yesterday.
    Police said the men received head injuries in the assault, which happened at a house in Lynedoch Avenue, about 1am.
    The men, both in their 30s, were in The Alfred hospital last night.
    A spokesman said they were in a critical but stable condition.
    Advertisement
    Police said a third man was arrested at the hospital after seeking treatment for injuries at about 4.30am.
    The man, 31, from St Kilda East, was under police guard last night but had not been charged.
    The hospital spokesman said the man was in a stable condition.

Speedy recovery to those involved but seriously WTF Hammer??

I am hoping this is not some all Saturday session gone wrong in the early hours of Sunday?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭manlad

Happened one street over from my house. Pretty surprised by it to be honest. The area is around 15 mins from St Kilda village and is inhabited by mainly old people and Jewish families. A quiet place most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Cooperspale

The accused must be a nutter or was on drugs like ice
    Hammer?!
    That would be pretty shocking for other residents of the house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

The accused must be a nutter or was on drugs like ice
    Hammer?!
    That would be pretty shocking for other residents of the house
    Could not agree more be carefull who you rent rooms with. I don't suppose anyone has any horror oz housemate stories?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Zambia wrote: »
    Could not agree more be carefull who you rent rooms with. I don't suppose anyone has any horror oz housemate stories?

Just the cockroaches.

It was more the fear of them than the reality of them.

The strange crunching sound when you stood on one.

Or being near Sydney for that huge moth migration and they were coming in under the door.

They didn't even pay rent.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Amazon32

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Quick recovery to both.

I will never understand what goes through a persons mind when they think smacking someone around with a hammer is acceptable.

Hope they are ok, my brother in law is friends with one of them, his poor family are in bits

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

They still remain in a critical but stable condition. Irish Echo reports

http://www.irishecho.com.au/2012/08/29/dublin-men-still-critical-after-violent-st-kilda-attack/20274
    The Herald also reports that the men were attempting to protect a woman at the time of the alleged attack.
    Police allege that a man armed with a hammer assaulted the men at the residential address in Lynedoch Avenue.

If they put their life on the line to protect someone, then I take my hat off to them.
    Hopefully they will get a speedy recovery

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭PopTarts

One of the lads - David Greene - has died. R.I.P.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/bashed-irish-backpacker-david-greene-loses-battle-for-life/story-e6frf7jo-1226467009686

The other lad David Byas seems to be out of hospital now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Condolences to all family and friends of David Greene, was a bad situation to be in thats ended very very badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

That is terrible, RIP David Green

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Cooperspale

That is woeful news. God help the poor family, my sympathy and condolences to all of those affected. It's such a terrible tragedy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

Terrible news.

From David Greene to Keith Flower in Melbourne, Nicola Furlong in Japan, David Christian in Vancouver and (my good friend) Jonathon Spollen missing in India, there have been too many examples in the last year that not everyone makes it back home to their families.

Stay safe.

May his soul rest in peace.

Offending bloke remanded till December 18th
    Wentholt was crying during his brief court appearance.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/man-accused-of-irish-backpacker-murder-appears-in-court-20120911-25pzt.html#ixzz269rk2pBb

Advertisement