Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lion on the loose in Essex

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

DrumSteve wrote: »
    efb wrote: »
    Essex though? Has that lion no pride...?

Well if it did, then there would be a few lions on the loose.
    Can't believe you took that bad pun seriously
    Ffs
    Il go over and hunt it meself id say I'd find it MANEly in a field

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

ollie1 wrote: »
    How come no photos of the Lion have been released? people saying they took loads of photos but where are they? :confused:

Daily Mail have a photo up now http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2193984/Is-picture-lion-loose-Image-sparked-police-hunt-big-cat-Essex-town.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

As a proud Essex man, I feel appalled at the perpetuation of stereotypes in this thread.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

How come no photos of the Lion have been released? people saying they took loads of photos but where are they? :confused:

They have been sold to The Sun according to BBC Look East. :rolleyes:

But they were shown to someone at Colchester Zoo before that and who said they weren't clear enough for him to be able to say whether it was a lion or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

http://p.twimg.com/A1QUwyTCMAEiYGt.jpg#twimg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

people should be prohibited from owning exotic animals as situations like this can occur did anybody ever see animal hoarder on ch4 where a bunch of lions and tigers got loose in the usa they all had to be shot

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Just back from my mates stag do in Essex. Fantastic time. Now I just need to get this lion costume back to the fance dress shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

Call me a loon but I would like to live in a place with the odd roaming lion.

I can see Essex implementing a lion patrol and a Lion Tax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Colmustard wrote: »
    Call me a loon but I would like to live in a place with the odd roaming lion.

I can see Essex implementing a lion patrol and a Lion Tax.

Let the Lions pay the Lion Tax! I pay the Homer Tax! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Lollers wrote: »

People have said it was a Lioness. That looks male

People have said it was a Lioness. That looks male

Really? The reports I read all said a male lion.

That doesn't look like a lion, more a big dog.

That doesn't look like a lion, more a big dog.

No Im pretty sure that looks like a Lion. :pac:
    Beefy78 wrote: »
    Really? The reports I read all said a male lion.

Well I just heard people say it was a female lion on sky news, but I dont know. I dont trust daily mail at all anyway. I really wish people would stop posting it here.seeing as how much we all complain about them/hate their tripe.

I'm not convinced that image is legit but if it is then that's definitely a lion. Certainly not a dog...

As for the Mail, I'm not a fan but most of the people quoted in that piece have been quoted in several other newspapers as well. I'd tend to take the story at face value on this instance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

i dont know from the proportions id say its a bigfoot taking a **** :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

I'd love to see it stroll past narky dogs, see how they react.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭BigBrownBear

Thats a bleedin dog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

It's not a dog its a lion of course. Have you never seen a lion before. Leo the lion I think he should be called.

It actually could be a hyena!

search called off.

Someone acting the *****x

• Advertisement

If it is in fact a lion or hyena or perhaps all of the above. Where did it come from and what do you think it wants in Essex of all places?

Something is not adding up here.

Has there been any reporting of a missing lion anywhere. It's not as if it had got the train from the Amazon now is it.

This lion has been strategicly planted here as a decoy I'd guess.

Ah jaysus lads. Learn your animals. Look at that feline tail.

If it is in fact a lion or hyena or perhaps all of the above. Where did it come from and what do you think it wants in Essex of all places?

Has there been any reporting of a missing lion anywhere. It's not as if it had got the train from the Amazon now is it.

If it's true (and the Police have called off the search so it's not looking likely) then an escaped or released illegally-owned pet would be my guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Jake1 wrote: »
    search called off.

Someone acting the *****x

Look like they were...

*dons sunglasses*

...Lion

'Yeeeeaaaaahhhhh'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭dr strangelove

Jesus, St. Osyth? Even a lion should think twice about heading down there after dark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Lions in the amazon now jaysus
    Suppose he got the luas aswell

Yeah I hated the BeeB for telling that Tarzan lord of the jungle never could fight a lion because Lions are plains predators.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭MHalberstram

I heard that instead of a mouth it has four arses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

people should be prohibited from owning exotic animals as situations like this can occur did anybody ever see animal hoarder on ch4 where a bunch of lions and tigers got loose in the usa they all had to be shot

Those were deliberately let escape though. The zoo owner or something went nuts and let them free and got eaten himself in the process

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Those were deliberately let escape though. The zoo owner or something went nuts and let them free and got eaten himself in the process

The squirrel ate well that night.

• Advertisement

That picture that the dailyfailure posted was proven to be a fake, and was just pulled out of the arse of the internet. Quality reporting by them again of course.

Buffalo soldier

That picture that the dailyfailure posted was proven to be a fake, and was just pulled out of the arse of the internet. Quality reporting by them again of course.

To be fair, they didn't claim it to be genuine. They said that it had been circulated on twitter by people who claimed that it was the lion.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭marzic

There are a load of cats loose in Britain. Loads of feral wild pigs as well. That is according to a C4 programme I seen years ago. I believe it as well, loads of witnesses and cats are usually nocturnal and masters at staying out of the way and stealth.

I don't know about a lion, big fukcers who usually don't care who sees them.

Colmustard, are you from Essex? I just read your post aloud in my best Ilford accent (well near enough!) and its just like what Tony, the scaffolder from Ilford, would say! "that lion jas woking rawnd sayin I-own-giv-afack-uh-sees me!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Id say it was this fella coming back from a party.:D

23075.jpg

Advertisement