Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Help about franking machine ?

Options
  • 27-08-2012 6:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

If I want to print off my own certificate of mail with franking machine which which may be used as evidence to send the mail in case the things are lost in the post and after that I have to claim from mail service ? or how it goes ?

I heard that local post office deals with it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

jiasey wrote: »
    If I want to print off my own certificate of mail with franking machine which which may be used as evidence to send the mail in case the things are lost in the post and after that I have to claim from mail service ? or how it goes ?

I heard that local post office deals with it.

I thought with reg or certificate mail while you frank to postage you still need to go to a post office counter to get an official cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Condatis

The only way to obtain Proof of Posting to a named addressee is to present the letter for Registration.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Condatis

By using Express Mail you will get a receipt which will prove that a letter was posted but the addressee will not be named. However it is a good deal cheaper than Registration.

Check out www.AnPost.ie

Advertisement